Like Tree50Likes

Hong Kong needs a new, centrally located golf driving range!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hong Kong needs a new, centrally located golf driving range!!!

I am hoping some of you agree with me. Here is the current situation

Here is the whole extent of the problem:
    -Oriental Golf City (on the South-East tip of Kai Tak Air Strip) closed a few years ago
    -City Golf Driving range (KWL Station) closed a couple of years ago
    -Island Golf Driving range closing soon
    -Asia Golf Driving Range (KWL side) closing in about a year
    -Whitehead Club Driving Range closing whenever the developer has sold enough stages, probably in about 2 years.

Especially the four top examples, located in the heart of HK/KWL, have not been replaced by any similar offering.
    It is sad for golf in Hong Kong. There are plenty of opportunities centrally located, but that would require some originality that could lead to yet another famous landmark for Hong Kong, something in my opinion, HK is in dire need of.

Suggestion:
    Make a beautiful landmark, where the net and support pillars could be a sculpture capturing the essence of Hong Kong.
    Where??
    Integrating it with Western KWL Cultural Center would ensure a high traffic rate of people with buying power, to this arts area.
    We could integrate artist ateliers, work shops, galleries, bars and restaurants, in addition to ensuring a very nice walk all the way from the Star Ferry to the to the arts center.
    Will it happen??
    Sadly, no:-/ Well, we can always move to SINGAPORE. There they are able to plan both centrally located golf courses and driving ranges, in addition to be able to put the children we want into International School!

Sadly, no:-/ Well, we can always move to SINGAPORE. There they are able to plan both centrally located golf courses and driving ranges, in addition to be able to put the children we want into International School![/B]
    Well you know where the airport is...

....and mods, you know, I know, we all know, on this occasion, it was warranted.
    climber07, emx and Satay Sue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Well you know where the airport is...
    And funny enough, there is actually a driving range there

Talk about First World Problem if I've ever seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by norneenron:
    have not been replaced by any similar offering.
    Ask yourself why did these places have closed and have not been replaced?

Simple maths gives you the answer.
    Last edited by emx; 02-11-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    carang likes this.

singapore also has a fraction of the population that hong kong has...

you're right, hong kong needs a new golf place desperately.... certainly more than the majority of hk people need larger living space, more than we need cleaner air, more than we need a cleaner ocean/beaches....

yep, of all the things hong kong needs.... a new place to golf must be at the very top of the list!

Fiona in HKG and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by norneenron:
    I am hoping some of you agree with me. Here is the current situation

Here is the whole extent of the problem:
    -Oriental Golf City (on the South-East tip of Kai Tak Air Strip) closed a few years ago
    -City Golf Driving range (KWL Station) closed a couple of years ago
    -Island Golf Driving range closing soon
    -Asia Golf Driving Range (KWL side) closing in about a year
    -Whitehead Club Driving Range closing whenever the developer has sold enough stages, probably in about 2 years.

Especially the four top examples, located in the heart of HK/KWL, have not been replaced by any similar offering.
    It is sad for golf in Hong Kong. There are plenty of opportunities centrally located, but that would require some originality that could lead to yet another famous landmark for Hong Kong, something in my opinion, HK is in dire need of.

Suggestion:
    Make a beautiful landmark, where the net and support pillars could be a sculpture capturing the essence of Hong Kong.
    Where??
    Integrating it with Western KWL Cultural Center would ensure a high traffic rate of people with buying power, to this arts area.
    We could integrate artist ateliers, work shops, galleries, bars and restaurants, in addition to ensuring a very nice walk all the way from the Star Ferry to the to the arts center.
    Will it happen??
    Sadly, no:-/ Well, we can always move to SINGAPORE. There they are able to plan both centrally located golf courses and driving ranges, in addition to be able to put the children we want into International School!

I think this is a very serious issue that needs government attention presto.

Similarly I think we need a polo field between Central and Wan Chai.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    carang, jimbo, LNewt and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Similarly I think we need a polo field between Central and Wan Chai.
    We are in dire need of a cricket ground in Central, just next to the old Legco building inbetween Jackson and Murray Roads should work well.
    carang, climber07, Rob2020 and 2 others like this.

Why don't we have a golf course in Central and Admiralty ?? it is good central location?

carang likes this.

and i'm sure a driving range would bring it's landlord/proprietor a LOT more money than building, say, a 60 story office block...

Come on you guys

I want to go big game hunting in central with Air Con throughout.

carang, kingsize and climber07 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast