Bicycle World - Ah Kwong

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Bicycle World - Ah Kwong

Hi,

Does anyone know where has Ah Kwong gone?

Ah Kwong is a super good mechanic with excellent service. Last couple of weeks, I dropped by to look for him and the staffs over there claimed that he was on vacation but very suspicious answers responded from them because they don't know when he will be back and also try to sell me to ask for their services instead.

I have a feeling that he left the company. Unfortunately, I don't have his contact or phone no or email because I always think I can always find him in Bicycle world since he was there over 10 years.

Could anyone help me to locate him? I really miss my best bike mechanic.

Many thanks

Manson

Quote Originally Posted by mssocity:
    Hi,

Does anyone know where has Ah Kwong gone?

Ah Kwong is a super good mechanic with excellent service. Last couple of weeks, I dropped by to look for him and the staffs over there claimed that he was on vacation but very suspicious answers responded from them because they don't know when he will be back and also try to sell me to ask for their services instead.

I have a feeling that he left the company. Unfortunately, I don't have his contact or phone no or email because I always think I can always find him in Bicycle world since he was there over 10 years.

Could anyone help me to locate him? I really miss my best bike mechanic.

Many thanks

Manson
    Did you find out where Kwong went after BW? Just called there today looking for him. Good guy. Hope he's still in the business.

As far as I know he hasn't been found in any other bike shops. Everyone loved dealing with him so I think news would spread pretty fast if he moved somewhere else.

I heard a rumour that he has cancer and has gone to China, but I have no idea at all if that is true or where it came from.

Hopefully he'll be back soon. If you find him, can you post back on here.

Sean at Blue Sky Bikes in Sheung Wan is a great mechanic if you are looking for a new one, it's just not as convenient location for me as Kwongs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    Sean at Blue Sky Bikes in Sheung Wan is a great mechanic if you are looking for a new one, it's just not as convenient location for me as Kwongs though.
    +1 on this. One of the very few properly competent mechanics that I have met in Hong Kong, and he does excellent wheel builds.

He's a native English speaker, which you might find helpful.

Thanks for your info, for sure i will update if I can find him.

i visit their shop, yes, he is quite good and look professional, too. thanks

Do you guys go road biking? I'm new to HK and brought my Felt road bike. I'm a novice but looking for some people to ride with.