BASKETBALL ... Rules Of Using Street Courts ... HELP!

Closed Thread

BASKETBALL ... Rules Of Using Street Courts ... HELP!

Ok I've never played basketball before. Always see people playing and want to give it a go. Have just recently bought my own ball, because don’t know any other players.

What Are The Rules/Etiquette Of Playing On Public Courts??

I mean they can be very popular/busy places especially at night;
    So what are the rules?

• First Come First Serve??
    • Stay As Long As You Want?
    • If You're Just One Person Practising, And A Group Want To Play, Should You Move?

I would probably just be shooting the ball for practise, not a serious player.

Appreciate any advice.
    Or if anyone also need a partner please message (In Yuen Long are).
    Thanks

I know public football pitches can be booked (even the free ones). You need to go to the local booking office in person and see if it is free, then you receive a receipt. At these pitches, it is first come first serve (but people will usually agree winner stays on) but if you have the receipt, you can do what you want with it.

I'm not sure if the same is true for the basketball courts. I would guess so though.

Basketball - Usually 3 vs 3, half court. Best to have your own team as they usually don't entertain those that come alone unless the courts are empty. If you do come alone, you can always try making your own team by asking others to play along with you.

In most cases, the winning team plays on until they lose or decide to leave. Once you have a team set up, you can ask them that you'll follow and play the winning team (This depends on how many teams are following).