61 29.76%
  • $501-700

26 12.68%
  • $701-1000

34 16.59%
  • More than $1000

13 6.34%
Like Tree6Likes

How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Just signed up with Seasons Fitness today. Great location for Central working people! Love the place, it has a small pool (bonus). $750 per month and signing up late in the year, both registration fees of $500 were waived. (only one waived if you don't pay full price ahead of time)

They said they only have ~1500 members which is great. I'm excited to start going in as often as I can!

Aznai, I am a member of CF. I agree that the selling strategy there is crazy. For them, it is money first, fitness never. From what I have observed so far, more time is spent on chatting than training. I have seen many who have trained for months and still see no improvement.

My friend last time brought his another friend to the gym for a trial visit. You know what, the trainer there already started to persuade that person into buying PT. He was talking about 80 sessions !!! Crazy isnt it.

I have joined Seasons and FF before. Have to say that if you are into weight training, CF is better equipped.

work2live, 80 session seems like their initial magic number. Did they give ur friend the BS sales pitch that it was the offer's last day and that this opportunity only happens every quarter and is given to a selected few. You can try Pure Fitness. IMHO, I think Pure has the best equipment for weight training, crowd is nice, and staff and trainers will never harass you to sign up for personal training. If you sign up for a 24 month contract, I think it only comes out to be 599-699 HKD a month. You can always find someone to take over your contract at that price, if you leave HK.

Pure isn't the cheapest, but I have to say that everything about it is first class. It's well equipped, clean with a nice atmosphere, staff is friendly and no one hassles you, whether it's sales staff or trainers. The changing rooms are good, with decent lockers, all the towels you want and free gym clothes, which is a huge plus as you don't have to drag sweaty workout clothes home or worry about washing them.

After spending years at CF, I am now paying $699 a year. No restrictions on the time and club you go. Dont think you can get a better deal elsewhere now.

Could anyone please give me some insights on Pure Fitness Mongkok? I am thinking of joining it but have no clue what it is like.

Quote Originally Posted by rayw:
    Could anyone please give me some insights on Pure Fitness Mongkok? I am thinking of joining it but have no clue what it is like.
    Given how much they cost would you not be better going for a visit rather than asking some subjective opionion on a forum?

With Pure, you should be able to go in, get a tour and ask for a one-week free trial membership. Try that and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Given how much they cost would you not be better going for a visit rather than asking some subjective opionion on a forum?
    To the asshole who redblobbed me for my above post - honestly! It was not "negative" - it was pretty useful actually. Do you KNOW how much Pure costs? An arm and a leg. I certainly would not stump up that much money without a personal visit, so cannot believe the OP would either. Get a life. Recognise decent advice when you see it.

baolongfeng:

Yes, CF's trainers are horrible. Saying they're aggressive would be an understatement. They'll try to squeeze out every cent they can from your wallet. They may try to act like they're interested in your health and improving your body but that is all fake. One of the trainer named Jeffrey at the Central branch is the worse I've seen. Very unprofessional. Pushes you to sign papers without explaining anything and swipes your credit card the first chance he gets. He also stares you down. Another trainer, Freddy, is not very far behind. Even when you've explained that you can not finish all the sessions you've purchased, he'll try to sale you even more sessions. Lastly, get everything they've promised in writing and signed. They'll never honor anything that's orally promised, no matter how much they assure you.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast