Like Tree14Likes

Folding bike

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzilla:
    I'm reviving this thread because I am interested in getting a nice fold up bike. One that when folded, can be rolled like a trolley.
    Brompton is the only bike that I'm aware of that can do this. You need to get the rack attachment with the small wheels option. And the big front basket.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/blog...mptoncart.jpeg
    Rayzilla likes this.

The Birdy that I will be picking up on Wednesday also has that same type of rear rack that converts to serving as a trolley.

I was very close to going for a used Tern too but I couldn't find a similar trolley accessory for it.

Isn't there a massive price and quality difference between Birdy and Tern? One being German-ish and 'boutique' and the other being an offshoot of Dahon. I hadn't thought they would be in any way comparable.

Rayzilla likes this.

The Tern has the following strong points: weight is only 9.9kg; parts are very good' it's fast for a folding bike. But it's an expensive bike. I think the retail price is around $3,000 US.

I've owned/commuted daily on both a Dahon (Mu P8) and a Brompton (M3L) - have to say the Brompton was far superior in terms of build quality and reliability - the Brompton even survived getting run over by a car (luckily after the car had already knocked me off it!) and only needed the front mudguard replacing!!

Rayzilla likes this.