Like Tree19Likes

Are Man United worth HK$8 million?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Well surely you know that any football fan who is not a Man Utd fan calls them that? Hardly groundbreaking in terms of childishness.
    what team do you support hullexile as you shoot your shite to everyone...?

Quote Originally Posted by amitsingh_hk:
    manure is a derogatory term used with reference to the Munich air disaster. Hold back your offensive remarks if you don't understand its origins....
    Oh what a load of bollocks. Where did you get that from?

Look at my username.

google it...

taken from www.republikofmancunia.com

That’s why it is so shocking that supporters of West Bromwich Albion came up with a terrace chant not long after Munich, playing – with massive lack of subtlety- on the term Man U, mocking the memory of a kid who’d grown up just round the corner in the West Midlands, in nearby Dudley:
    ‘Duncan Edwards is Manure, rotting in his grave,
    Man You are Manure, rotting in your grave
    Man U, Man U never intended coming home…’

hullexile - have some decency...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Well surely you know that any football fan who is not a Man Utd fan calls them that? Hardly groundbreaking in terms of childishness.
    Of course I have seen this before. Just didn't know it was commonly used by anyone over the age of 14.

Oh and the Leeds fan talking about Scum. I am collapsing with the irony.

And the Manure-Munich connection - bollocks I am afraid. Manure is used by the puerile Soccer AM generation - file with Anfailed, Neverwon, Chelski and countless other unimaginative terms of reference.
    Last edited by shenwen; 05-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.

google it...

taken from www.republikofmancunia.com

That’s why it is so shocking that supporters of West Bromwich Albion came up with a terrace chant not long after Munich, playing – with massive lack of subtlety- on the term Man U, mocking the memory of a kid who’d grown up just round the corner in the West Midlands, in nearby Dudley:
    ‘Duncan Edwards is Manure, rotting in his grave,
    Man You are Manure, rotting in your grave
    Man U, Man U never intended coming home…’

hullexile - have some decency...

The only sources you will find claiming this as the origin are man utd ones. No one else believes it. Have some common sense.
    Trebor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Of course I have seen this before. Just didn't know it was commonly used by anyone over the age of 14.

And the Manure-Munich connection - bollocks I am afraid. Manure is used by the puerile Soccer Saturday generation - file with Anfailed, Neverwon, Chelski and countless other unimaginative terms of reference.
    I promise to grow up and be a good boy oh holy one. The whole point about football is that it allows grown men to be kids.

it was a terrace chant.
    just like those depicting airplane hand gestures at United supporters...
    show some class.

hullexile - you have stupidly swerved the whole forum...

Manchester United are worth that money and more. The government will recuperate it for sure.
    The non-monetary benefits of bringing the best British club to town is immeasurable.

it was a terrace chant.
    just like those depicting airplane hand gestures at United supporters...
    show some class.
    Of course you were around to witness this? The Munich air disaster was a catastrophe and gained mass sympathy from all football fans. This is not the reason your team are derided, it is mainly because of (i) their enormous fan base who live nowhere near Manchester but only support them because they are successful and (ii) because they are successful. It is about time Manure fans stopped using it as a argument, I think it is highly disrespectful to those great players who died.
    Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:

And the Manure-Munich connection - bollocks I am afraid. Manure is used by the puerile Soccer AM generation - file with Anfailed, Neverwon, Chelski and countless other unimaginative terms of reference.
    Yes you should be......one of the favourite chants of the Old Trafford faithful is of course 'We all hate Leeds Scum'.

Still sing about us every game despite the fact we haven't been a competitive rival for over 10 years. We love the attention.

It's all banter......stop being so touchy.

And as for the Manure reference being derived from Munich (which let's not forget is something that happened over 50 years ago), that's just funny.

Amit Singh...

Every club has their idiots, including yours.

Anyway i digress.
    Last edited by Trebor; 05-02-2013 at 12:33 PM.