Like Tree49Likes

Note to TVB Clowns....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    So what do you believe the most popular (i.e. regularly participated in) organised sport for kids is here?
    I would think either football or swimming (if swimming qualifies).

This is based strictly on anecdotal sightings. I see far more kids playing football in various outdoor venues than rugby.
    I see tons of kids, all day long, taking swimming lessons in every single available public pool...

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Even so, the news it cut to was of significance. far more important to most people in HK than whether Fiji would win a rugby tournament.
    Was the news going to be different 4 minutes later?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    From what I understand (and I could be wrong) this wasn't even the 8pm news, this was the 7.30 news, so the news was the same at 7.30 as it was at 8pm and would have been at 8.04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Was it not a live speech? I thought it was. If not, then sure.

It was the 7:30 news, which was 30 minutes long and appeared to be the main news broadcat of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    From what I understand (and I could be wrong) this wasn't even the 8pm news, this was the 7.30 news, so the news was the same at 7.30 as it was at 8pm and would have been at 8.04pm.
    got any proof?
    Lootoo likes this.

The Hong Kong 7s is a Major Sports Event according to the... <shakes head> Major Sports Events Committee.

dear giant likes this.

I don't think it is a question of whether or not rugby is a major sport in HK (which it clearly isn't) but the incompetence of TVB. If it had been earth shattering news (China declaring war on Japan for example) then fair enough but it wasn't. Someone raised the BBC and ITV in an earlier post, what they do is put up a notice on the screen saying "the news will follow shortly" and delay the news by 5 minutes. Not that difficult.

P.S. It did give me a laugh though, I remember years ago being pissed off when the BBC switched from the final of the snooker which we sadly had been watching for hours to cover the seige at the Libyan (was it?) embassy in London.

Last edited by hullexile; 25-03-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    Watercooler and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    P.S. It did give me a laugh though, I remember years ago being pissed off when the BBC switched from the final of the snooker which we sadly had been watching for hours to cover the seige at the Libyan (was it?) embassy in London.
    If it had the SAS going in through the windows then that was the Iranian embassy. The Libyan one was when they shot WPC Fletcher (isn't it funny how some names stick in the memory) but didn't need the SAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    If it had the SAS going in through the windows then that was the Iranian embassy. The Libyan one was when they shot WPC Fletcher (isn't it funny how some names stick in the memory) but didn't need the SAS.
    Yes it was the Iranian one. That was what was confusing me, I remember WPC Fletcher was shot from the Libyan one but thought the seige was the Iranian one. Remember the SAS swinging in through the windows.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast