Like Tree5Likes

Dragon Boat team - beginner?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks guys, contacted them via their FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Thanks guys, contacted them via their FB page.
    See you at the races hopefully!

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

FYI - managed to find a team.

Pin, which one? I'd love to join one too. I have been hesitant because training started 2 months ago and I'm a beginner so I thought it'd be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by daddysprincess:
    Pin, which one? I'd love to join one too. I have been quoted hesitant because training started 2 months ago and I'm a beginner so I thought it'd be too late.
    Many people pick up the technique quite quickly 5 to 6 good sessions with a competent trainer is all it takes.

What is more important is your fitness to keep up but at least it is only a short course in Stanley.

So had first training session yesterday. It was tough! But that is to be expected for a first time session. Fun though and glad I signed up.

We are a very beginner team (which is good for me). Will have only 6 training sessions.

Just wondering, apart from Stanley, where is a good place to get stuff like rash guards and wind breakers? Did have a look in Stanley and prices were about HK$200 (is that actually a good price)? Did buy the padded shorts from the kiosk and the dragonboat place yesterday though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2