Like Tree19Likes

netbooks?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

netbooks?

Are these still sold new?

If so, would it be in the usual places like WCC / SSP?

vroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:

Yes, they are sold in SSP. I saw some the other day.

Are you seriously thinking of buying one? They are complete crap! You might as well have an IPAD or something similar.

Netbooks? Try 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    Yes, they are sold in SSP. I saw some the other day.

Are you seriously thinking of buying one? They are complete crap! You might as well have an IPAD or something similar.
    Stupid comment that shows how much people are victims and sheep.

Let's do the sums folks...

I am now typing on a 3 and a half year old Samsung N110 Netbook which I use daily as a workhorse...it runs Windows 7 and Office 2010...It has 2 Gig of RAM, 3 x 2.0 USB ports and VGA and LAN ports, wifi and bluetooth.

It cost 320 pounds.

An iPad is a piece of shit compared to my Sammy yet costs much more, does less and looks stupid...
    Last edited by INXS; 06-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Stupid comment that shows how much people are victims and sheep.

Let's do the sums folks...

I am now typing on a 3 and a half year old Samsung N110 Netbook which I use daily as a workhorse...it runs Windows 7 and Office 2010...It has 2 Gig of RAM, 3 x 2.0 USB ports and VGA and LAN ports, wifi and bluetooth.

It cost 320 pounds.

An iPad is a piece of shit compared to my Sammy yet costs , does less and looks stupid...
    I suppose it is what you want it for. I had a couple of netbooks in the past and for the traveling sales staff they were just horrble to contemplate. The reason people are victims is for a reason. The bloody things don't work as we wanted. It may be good for you but certainly not me or for the people in my office.
    I am not replacing a PC with IPAD or Android simply to do the basic things I cannot do with a netbook, plus I can get connectivity anywhere without having to search for WIFI signals or LAN connectivities.

For what I'm looking to use it for, a nebook, rather than a tablet (be it android or apple) is what I'm looking for.

I.e. cheap windows based computer with keyboard and touchpad.

INXS likes this.

For what I'm looking to use it for, a nebook, rather than a tablet (be it android or apple) is what I'm looking for.

I.e. cheap windows based computer with keyboard and touchpad.
    You want to work, not play....

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    I suppose it is what you want it for. I had a couple of netbooks in the past and for the traveling sales staff they were just horrble to contemplate. The reason people are victims is for a reason. The bloody things don't work as we wanted. It may be good for you but certainly not me or for the people in my office.
    I am not replacing a PC with IPAD or Android simply to do the basic things I cannot do with a netbook, plus I can get connectivity anywhere without having to search for WIFI signals or LAN connectivities.
    WiFi hotspot from my phone...
    elliee and HKITperson like this.

Speaking of netbooks made me go find mine gathering dust on my shelf, the poor thing. Let me charge it up and get it going again

This is the one I have http://richardlai.xanga.com/71059424...book-hands-on/

I also have a nokia booklet I don't use. That's a netbook which has a sim card slot.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/netbooks/n...view-49305044/

Admittedly I don't use it because I found it fairly slow.

Last edited by justjoe86; 06-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    pin likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast