Like Tree11Likes

UEFA Champions League Final 2013

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

@Mat
    That's not correct and how finished ManU and especially Real, the last 3 years ( CL ) anyway. Totally wrong assumption. Bayern is right there in the top 3 in Europe! Arrogance has nothing to do with skills and success, so don't understand why mention it.

Last edited by Tom007; 24-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    @Mat
    That's not correct and how finished ManU and especially Real, the last 3 years ( CL ) anyway. Totally wrong assumption. Bayern is right there in the top 3 in Europe! Arrogance has nothing to do with skills and success, so don't understand why mention it.
    Am talking arrogance, not success.

Ok I put it simple. Just talk in a professional way if you criticize a soccer team.

I think people have less a problem with Bayern Munich's players.
    Its more about the fan's obsession with success and the club's management.
    ( I don't even want to mention Uli's tax issue )

It is interesting to observe how you immediately bring up "success" although Bayern has lost the last two CL finals and the result of tomorrow's game is not out yet.

anyway, at least we share the excitement of a truly great match ahead.
    good luck, you will need it

I'm neutral 👍👍👍

Chelsea totally undeserved to win the CL last year - what a fluke! they only parked the bus in the semis.
    In the final again they had no intention to play football, until the 80th minute? Chelsea will never play the CL final again is my prediction.

Tomorrow's game will be different. Both teams going to attack. 😎😎👏

Ok guys after having some lengthy discussions about arrogance and some other non- related soccer stuff, let's get back to the game. Both coaches had their first press conference in front of the international media in London and it's always a pleasure to watch Jürgen Klopp as it get's never boring or stereotype. Basically he enjoys his team being the underdogs and pointed out the CL Final 1997 Win, where Juventus was the clear favorite and also last year German Cup final as many expected Bayern but it was an epic 5:2 for Dortmund. Klopp is a smart guy and knows how to win the public and the neutral supporters over. Heynckes on the other hand, is a totally different character, less emotional and extremely self contained. Great coach though. Good news for the BVB Hummels will be definitely fit for tonight's game. And all other players, except Goetze, are on board. Same Bayern, no injuries. Ok now it's prediction time. Start first 3:2 Bayern.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    Chelsea totally undeserved to win the CL last year - what a fluke! they only parked the bus in the semis.
    In the final again they had no intention to play football, until the 80th minute? Chelsea will never play the CL final again is my prediction.
    Would you put money on that? If you look at several finals in the past you will see this type of football (remember Greece)
    It is tactics and in the end of the day thats what won it and as you may think Chelsea fluked it and wont be in a final again, remember one thing, no other team in history has held both european titles at the same time.
    Still wont be watching this live as i have things to do tomorrow but wanting more and more for Dortmund to make munich 2nd bedt again.

I wouldn't call it a fluke. Chelsea somehow found the right formula, with a fair amount of luck as well, winning both European cup finals ( CL and Euro League ) recently. That's certainly impressive and as far I know, never achieved b4 by any other club in 2 successive years. So all credit to them, but that's done and dusted and let's focus on the real deal.

Last edited by Tom007; 25-05-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast