Like Tree38Likes

Racial taunts at Hong Kong vs. Philippines football match

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I watched the match....and it was kinda sad. It was suppose to be a friendly match...and one of the Hong Kong players head butted a filipino player to the ground while he wasn't looking (and didn't even get a yellow card!). The Hong Kong side was getting very fiesty towards the end as they could sense a loss of face in front of the home crowd.

I've seen this before with Chinese sports..(basketball and football)..they can't stand losing because of the loss of face so they get down right nasty and play dirty when losing. To them it is more than a game, it is proof that their race is equal and worthy.

Note to the Chinese (Hong Kong included)....sports are only a game!! No one cares how athletic you are or how many gold medals you can win. It is more important to play fairly and act like gentlemen, that is what will earn you respect on the global stage. If you want to impress the world....play fairly and act like adults.

Last edited by Editor; 05-06-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Clean up; post you replied to/referred to/quoted was removed.
    dermotp, kimwy66 and irishmom like this.

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I watched the match....and it was kinda sad. It was suppose to be a friendly match...and one of the Hong Kong players head butted a filipino player to the ground while he wasn't looking (and didn't even get a yellow card!). The Hong Kong side was getting very fiesty towards the end as they could sense a loss of face in front of the home crowd.

I've seen this before with Chinese sports..(basketball and football)..they can't stand losing because of the loss of face so they get down right nasty and play dirty when losing. To them it is more than a game, it is proof that their race is equal and worthy.

Note to the Chinese (Hong Kong included)....sports are only a game!! No one cares how athletic you are or how many gold medals you can win. It is more important to play fairly and act like gentlemen, that is what will earn you respect on the global stage. If you want to impress the world....play fairly and act like adults.
    Now that I would call racist
    Last edited by Editor; 05-06-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Clean up; post you replied to/referred to/quoted was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    Took place in Mong Kok. People are nasty there. What more can be said.

If you have pure NT or HK islanders, that likely wouldn't have happened.
    That I would call Geogist... not really sure what term to use... Areaist... Districtism

Mongkok... the heart of darkness
    INXS and Creative83 like this.

Wow... You're seriously clueless. Guess you don't remember the saga about the kid from an ESF team that "accidentally" kicked a chinese boy in the head when losing badly. Let me guess...he learned it all from the chinese.

Ever watched an ice hockey game when teams are behind? They define nasty and dirty...

Why do you think they came up with mercy rules in many children sports in the West? To save a little time?

This is a disgraceful incident but your comment is pretty well equal to it. One has to wonder what the hell you're doing in HK if that's the way you feel about the local people.
    Last edited by Editor; 05-06-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Clean up; post you replied to/referred to/quoted was removed.

tell me your being sarcastic?
    Not at all.... The comment was intended to cause hurt, but I don't believe it was based on race... perhaps it was based on economy.... then wouldn't that be an example of an economist slur?

Economism... has quite a ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    Wow... You're seriously clueless. Guess you don't remember the saga about the kid from an ESF team that "accidentally" kicked a chinese boy in the head when losing badly. Let me guess...he learned it all from the chinese.

Ever watched an ice hockey game when teams are behind? The define nasty and dirty...

Why do you think they came up with mercy rules in many sports? To save a little time?

This is a disgraceful incident but your comment is pretty well equal to it. One has to wonder what the hell you're doing in HK if that's the way you feel about the local people.

There is a repeated pattern among the Chinese basketball teams, even when playing exhibition matches. Many teams in the US do not even want to come over and play anymore....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1s4nKik8WA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6mUm-0hlEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgla1BUa4YE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4oebxLUHTg

You want me to post a bunch of links showing unsportsmanlike conduct in the US. It's going to be a very long list.

Losing teams get frustrated, that's just human nature. It's not chinese, american, or european...

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    That whole Manila bus thing was incompetence by the government of the country, what does it have to do with racially abusing kids???
    Can't do much about the Philippine government from here, so they attack the people of the Philippines instead.

Not too different from many other issues, like e.g. the bickering over some stupid islands that resulted in Chinese attacking everything Japanese, including shops, cars and people.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Tell me you're being sarcastic?
    Sadly no. Some HK'er appear unable to comprehend that lunatics exist in other countries or that police are not perfect and blame the entire country for the actions of a few individuals.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Mmm does anyone remember how many in the US reacted against pretty well any brown people after 9/11?

Banned or thrown off airplanes, detainment, searches etc... Once again, human nature and not HK or US related.