Like Tree38Likes

Racial taunts at Hong Kong vs. Philippines football match

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by dermotp:
    Wow! You clearly don't know many Filipinos personally.
    Our company is 60% Filipino as the HK fucktards who Immigration insist we interview for the job just don’t cut it. I won't give too much away about what I do but its BIM technology (Google it).

The guys we hire from the Philippines are some of the smartest people I’ve worked with in a 20 year career working all over the world. Something you will never do I might add.

A bit of advice, don't hate other people because of your failures. One day maybe someone will take you seriously although I doubt it.

Hopefully this thread will get closed soon to stop nasty HK trash like you embarrassing yourself and the decent Hongkongers who are equally appalled by what happened.
    Good post but I'm sure FlyBoy was being sarcastic...

I am glad I 'know where the airport is' as this continues to show that HK'ers just care about their own like and dislike all others. Even their cousins north they dislike.

I will be looking forward to going back to my racist country.

Indigenous Aussie Rules player hit by racism from 12 year old girl

Watercooler and jayinhongkong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    I think the key word is "football".

All over the world this sport seems to attract the less educated members of society as "supporters"!
    Yup, the English hooligans you see in those football matches sure set a fine example for all other hooligans, racists and general troublemakers to follow.

In hockey, (that's "ice" hockey), it's the players who do the fighting, in football, it's the fans who do the fighting (or at least talk sh*t at one another) .

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Good post but I'm sure FlyBoy was being sarcastic...
    It didnt look like it but if he was, then i will happily re-direct the post to the losers who literally were losing at the football match.
    irishmom likes this.

This thread has somewhat run it's course, but I think we would be remiss if we didn't mention the FDH scheme. Let's be honest, if you were raised in a society where nearly all Filipinos were employed as maids and lived in crawl spaces, I think you would naturally think of them as second class people. There is such a stark racial divide created by the FDH scheme that it really should come as no surprise that HK fans/people were treating the Filipinos this way.

virago, dermotp and jayinhongkong like this.

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world

My deepest apologies if I offended any Filipino or Filipina
    This is the context of what I was replying to, and simply playing on Raccon's use of "moronism" directed at yours truly

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Boy:
    Not at all.... The comment was intended to cause hurt, but I don't believe it was based on race... perhaps it was based on economy.... then wouldn't that be an example of an economist slur?

Economism... has quite a ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    'perhaps it was based on economy.' - what is that even supposed to mean?

Sounds like 'moronism'.

Yes, because we, well, you know for sure that only people living in Mongkok were at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Boy:
    Perhaps I should have used the phrase 'economic situation' instead, meaning "you are poor, we are rich, that's why you have to work menial jobs to support your country's economy.. or something like that.

Poor morons... as if they don't have it bad enough as it is
    dermotp likes this.

I'm sure HKers are going to feel very comfortable on holiday in Cebu after this.

closedcasket likes this.

One final comment from someone who watched the match....the goalkeeper for the Filipino team was a complete stud. He was a man among boys out there and was the difference in the match. I can't recall seeing a goalkeeper make so many great saves in a long time..

Hong Kong should have scored 2 or 3 times easily in the second half...if not for the goalkeeping...

that might have spurred some of the frustration as well..

Last edited by closedcasket; 05-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Competitive team sports are substitutes for the tribal wars of old. While the wars have gone, the tribalism remains. We are a herd animal and instinctively group with like. Our emotional evolution needs a bit longer to catch up with society's expectations.

That sums it up. Can we move on to something else?

irishmom and Claire ex-ax like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4