Like Tree38Likes

Racial taunts at Hong Kong vs. Philippines football match

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Racial taunts at Hong Kong vs. Philippines football match

http://www.scmp.com/sport/soccer/art...m-racial-abuse

Didn't make it up there to watch myself, but on TV they showed police separating one or two fans after the game who were screaming at each other. Apparently the SCMP reporter heard a bit more.

"Hong Kong football fans were accused of racial abuse, including yelling “you’re all just slaves”, as an international friendly turned not-so-friendly at Mong Kok Stadium on Tuesday night.

Social media sites were alive on Wednesday morning with Philippines fans accusing a section of the Hong Kong supporters of “calling us a slave nation”, throwing bottles at mostly women and children and booing the Philippine national anthem."

Nasty......what a let down. Two sides to Schizophrenic Hong Kong. Solidarity with Mainlanders regarding Tienanmen followed by racist garbage like this against Philippine people...

Disgrace...

Another reason for HKer's to be ashamed. This coming from the world’s supply of cheap labor. Seriously!?!
    It never ceases to amaze me the high opinion these "people" have of themselves. Thank god for immigration controls the world over.

irishmom likes this.

Some people haven't forgiven them for the Manila bus massacre and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Tell me you're being sarcastic?

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world

"you're all just slaves" hardly qualifies as a racial taunt, lots of other races serve as slaves to HK households

Thailand, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Nepal and others are all sources of slave labour for HK

More of a nationalistic taunt I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    And what's that got to do with people calling them slaves?

That whole Manila bus thing was incompetence by the government of the country, what does it have to do with racially abusing kids???
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Tell me you're being sarcastic?
    It's true though...

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Boy:
    "you're all just slaves" hardly qualifies as a racial taunt, lots of other races serve as slaves to HK households

Thailand, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Nepal and others are all sources of slave labour for HK

More of a nationalistic taunt I'd say

tell me your being sarcastic?
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Took place in Mong Kok. People are nasty there. What more can be said.

If you have pure NT or HK islanders, that likely wouldn't have happened.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast