Like Tree2Likes

Cycling in Sai Kung park

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274

    I wonder if this is allowed?

    Cycling down Sharp Peak:


  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,529
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS
    The permit is free anyway....if you cycle, you might as well get it...
    Just some follow up 6 years later.... Maybe it was free, but now there is no permit for bicycles and it's just illegal. You walk the 10Km to the High Island East Dam and 3 speeding taxis pass you every Minute - but you can't bike there - how stupid is that?

    I wonder what the legal basis is?

    Anyone in disbelieve, you can call 2791-5841 (Sai Kung Ranger Office)

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Just some follow up 6 years later.... Maybe it was free, but now there is no permit for bicycles and it's just illegal. You walk the 10Km to the High Island East Dam and 3 speeding taxis pass you every Minute - but you can't bike there - how stupid is that?

    I wonder what the legal basis is?

    Anyone in disbelieve, you can call 2791-5841 (Sai Kung Ranger Office)
    Sai Kung will now have Debby chan has their district councilor. Well worth taking up the issue with her.
    drumbrake and flameproof like this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    I'm not able to find a definitive answer, is it possible to cycle on roads in Sai Kung country park during the weekend ? I don't know whether the roads are technically part of Sai Kung country park.
    I want to find a place where I can ride safely and legally. It seems at least some parts of Sai Kung park are off limits (High Island). What about the rest of the park ?


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    53

    Do people do online cycling much in HK? Such as Zwift?

    Sorry to hijack this thread, didn't want to start a new thread.


  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    Sai Kung will now have Debby chan has their district councilor. Well worth taking up the issue with her.
    Don't get me started on that fu#king woman

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,821

    I run to east dam and back twice a week. The cyclists are on there before 8am and after 6pm so they don't get caught by the patrols. Damn annoying when they come from behind with no notice. At least you can hear a taxi.


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega
    Don't get me started on that fu#king woman
    Oh! I'd like to know! Have you met her?

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,529
    Quote Originally Posted by dustpuppy
    I'm not able to find a definitive answer, is it possible to cycle on roads in Sai Kung country park during the weekend ? I don't know whether the roads are technically part of Sai Kung country park.
    I want to find a place where I can ride safely and legally. It seems at least some parts of Sai Kung park are off limits (High Island). What about the rest of the park ?
    Looks like just around High Island. Where the two roads fork is the end for bicycles. There is a big sign.

    That means you can go legally beyond the gate up the hill to the fork or to Wong Shek Pier.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Looks like just around High Island. Where the two roads fork is the end for bicycles. There is a big sign.

    That means you can go legally beyond the gate up the hill to the fork or to Wong Shek Pier.
    Correct. If you go further than the pavilion at that fork you are breaking the law. I am not sure however if you can use the Hoi Ha road, I think you can as its a general road which minibuses use.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2