Like Tree26Likes

HK Gym Etiquette (lack of)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Get out and run, row, paddle, cycle etc etc.

Drop the gym.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

Where do you live? Where I live, it has been raining so bloody much, that I have more miles on the treadmill than I do on the road... and I do prefer to be outside,..but all it's done is rain for the past 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Where do you live? Where I live, it has been raining so bloody much, that I have more miles on the treadmill than I do on the road... and I do prefer to be outside,..but all it's done is rain for the past 3 months
    I run under the rain. To be very honest i do one session a week on treadmill. All the rest outside no matter the weather (wife not happy) unless thunder.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cheukyin:
    I go to phyiscal fitness and I have seen some pretty bad Gym Etiquette.

1.) Dumbbells/plates all over the places.
    2.) People dropping weight from considerable heights
    3.) Trainer occupying another machine or brench while waiting their client to finish the set
    4.) Men wearing overly tight short short.
    5.) People in Jean/dress shoe/barefoot/hipster clothings
    6.) Trainers who dress like they were in a club.

What are some of the stuffs that you have seen in gym in hk?
    depends where, central or tst, less likely, btw, #4, I don't give a monkey, some even wear ballet dancer tutu for all I care

Don't go to California Mong Kok then, honestly how many holes does one shower curtain need before you can adequately perv all the blokes having a shower. I don't care much for what people do or what they wear as long as they're not on the machine when I want it, otherwise mostly i'm oblivious. But yeah having a bloke follow you round the showers is kinda gross, mostly i just feel bad for all the women I've perved, now I know how it feels.

It is true that many of these things occur but personally I don't care. Maybe people leaving their plates on the bar is slightly annoying but unless someone's been squatting 500lbs it's no big problem. People don't have the same egos here as my gym in the UK, and are more likely to avoid eye contact than get aggressive (saying that people aren't anywhere near as strong here on average)

9. Walking backward on the treadmill
    10. Exercising in the sauna

But also ever notice how the cleaning supplies are never available? You can't even wipe down a machine after you've used it. Or the thought of using the nasty blue rag to do it is a bigger deterrent (at fitness first)...

The title of this thread makes me laugh. Etiquette and Hong Kong in the same sentence.

nurse_maria likes this.

I've got one lady who brings in her iPad and plays music loudly for everyone to hear......it is a small gym, but still...that sums up local gym etiquette pretty well....

I had to politely tell her that I don't want to listen to her music....here is $100, go buy some headphones dipsheet..

Last edited by closedcasket; 12-06-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Sorry but if you think that is bad..avoid Calif in TST.

1. Homos try to enter your shower stalls.
    2. Homos watch you changing in the ocker rooms and jack off.
    3. There is a lot of theft where locks are cut and peoples belongings stolen.
    4. Trainers act like they are gangsters.
    5. People sit around sometimes eating junk food or drinking beer.
    ...the list goes on and on

You are much better off at Physical..Trust me..
    I'd take those horny old ladies at Physical over the homos anyday..
    Wow. What an open liberal person you are!
    I understand why all those 'homos' are desperate to whack one out over you.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast