Like Tree97Likes

Beware of California Fitness. Please advise

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeannaX:
    You should insist on training with the trainer that has the most qualifications. At least you may feel you are getting more of your money's worth that way.
    That's for sure if I couldn't get my money back

Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    The OP was lied to about the quotes by Cali for other gyms, and realized that been conned after doing some research. If that doesn't get through to you then you're as thick as the Great Wall
    Please dont apply for a job at my firm! We dont want to have an associate who buys first and researches later.

Shaking my head why why why would you go to buy something, not research it first. Then when you buy it do the research on it only to find out you made a mistake and then go online and tell people about it. When its then pointed out that the gyms ways may not be morally correct but thus not against the law you continue stand up demanding people feel sorry for you.

I have a ten dollar note here do you want to buy it for one hundred dollars.

Lastly. California is a business, they can sell there product for whst ever they like. They can make up some bs to make you buy it. Made its not good business

DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY CONTINUE TO DO IT?

simple answer.

Because idiots like you continue to buy it!

Didnt want to jumo on hate band waggon but after 9 pages if you cant accept your at fault more than them then its no wonder they got you to buy in!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Now that you have convincingly shot yourself in the foot regarding your credibility as a poster here, would it be fair of me to make a few assumptions?

You have gone home and reread what you posted. You realise that Cali.sales staff told you PT sessions at competing gyms were $500-$1000 a session, which is true.
    You have signed a membership contract for between $350-$450 a month, which is the going rate, and bought a PT package of $500-$600 an hour, also the going rate.

You now realise that you are pissing in the wind and wish to quietly close this thread due to a lack of any hard facts. Am I close?
    The prices of other gyms quoted by Cali >> actual prices quoted by other gyms which I later found out. The Cali guy should have just said "I don't know" instead of making up bogus quotes

Anyway I didn't give you the numbers you've just made up, so if you want to claim some petty victory in your little dream world, that's your choice

But don't try to twist and turn my complain

#1 Cali gave me the bogus prices
    #2 I believed and was unwittingly tricked into acting on the false info
    #3 Only found out it was false info when I checked with other gyms (as something just didn't feel right)

In a way, you claiming that you're right with your twist of events, totally made up and misleading others with your spin, validates why I shouldn't bend for you

Seriously why are you so persistent on this issue anyway? Just don't see how it really benefits you rationally except perhaps your ego

You work for Cali by any chance? All that putting up about Cali ripping off people in other countries are just a facade so that you appear impartial?

Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    The OP was lied to about the quotes by Cali for other gyms, and realized that been conned after doing some research. If that doesn't get through to you then you're as thick as the Great Wall
    I know which one is thick and it isn't me.

I know it is painful to be duped and to realise that you made a mistake.

Let it be a lesson to do your research beforehand rather than trusting someone you just met.

Sent from somewhere....
    Last edited by virago; 15-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    bibbju and carang like this.

But still, what is a moral contract?

Quote Originally Posted by auss:
    Please dont apply for a job at my firm! We dont want to have an associate who buys first and researches later.

Shaking my head why why why would you go to buy something, not research it first. Then when you buy it do the research on it only to find out you made a mistake and then go online and tell people about it. When its then pointed out that the gyms ways may not be morally correct but thus not against the law you continue stand up demanding people feel sorry for you.

I have a ten dollar note here do you want to buy it for one hundred dollars.

Lastly. California is a business, they can sell there product for whst ever they like. They can make up some bs to make you buy it. Made its not good business

DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY CONTINUE TO DO IT?

simple answer.

Because idiots like you continue to buy it!

Didnt want to jumo on hate band waggon but after 9 pages if you cant accept your at fault more than them then its no wonder they got you to buy in!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Yawn....what's the name of your company? Otherwise I might unknowingly apply and you might not even know it's me lol?? Better still gimme your name so I can avoid you like a plague

Customer is always right. Customer who got cheated and conned like myself is even more right than customer who deliberately decided to change its mind

Also can you be 100% sure you're always on top of your game and won't ever get conned? Do I need to tell you that I told cali wanted to shop around before deciding and they threatened not to give a the introductory rate, etc etc if I didn't sign up on the spot. If I explain all the details on the OP it'd be 4 pages long!!

Don't make sweeping statements by just pretending you understand the scenario. It's not very analytical

Also I never demanded people to feel sorry for me. Where did that come from? My company won't hire someone like you who just simply supposition and twist things

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    But still, what is a moral contract?
    Please read the article from the link: http://gregoryccochran.com/2008/05/02/moral-contract/

I think there's more on this concept but this should be a starting point if you're keen to research further. It's a very foreign concept to a few people here who are resigned to a dog eat dog mentality

Hope this helps. Happy reading

You fell for the oldest trick in the book for pressure sales, if you walk out the door you lose the offer....

I've had it with telephone, internet, home security, and newspaper subscription and even with gyms over the years. That screams desperation on behalf of sales people and alarm bells.

Sent from somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    So the op was quoted a price, he accepted it and now finds he can get cheaper elsewhere and now blames them for his acceptance.

Sent from somewhere....
    That's what you wrote above. I rightfully blame them because they lied to me

Also I'm been fair with you detractors and in previous posts accepted I should have been more careful and wiser or words to that extent. I don't dispute the merit of prevention is better than cure

I just don't believe that just because of that, Cali has the right to rip me off. Something you detractor clearly don't understand

I merely voiced my opinion and you detractor lot just viciously try to keep shutting me down, for what? Nothing that I can think of

I only just learnt this concept known as "groupthink" which some of the more astute posters have pointed out. It really aptly describes you lot (the detractors)

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    You fell for the oldest trick in the book for pressure sales, if you walk out the door you lose the offer....

I've had it with telephone, internet, home security, and newspaper subscription and even with gyms over the years. That screams desperation on behalf of sales people and alarm bells.

Sent from somewhere....
    So it's a trick = not ethical = not acceptable

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast