Like Tree97Likes

Beware of California Fitness. Please advise

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Seems most people here keep droning on about the contract...the OP already said (2nd post i think?) that they aren't contesting the contract but the methods used to obtain the signature...get over the contract already

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks mobile app

Many many years ago, like 12+, when the Central salesguys on the street were mega aggressive, didn't one prospective client have to call the police and reported Cali. for false imprisonment as he/she was not allowed out of the room till she had signed a contract?

Or is that urban myth? Pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    Seems most people here keep droning on about the contract...the OP already said (2nd post i think?) that they aren't contesting the contract but the methods used to obtain the signature...get over the contract already
    Methods used are perfectly legal. One person's "misleading pitch" is another persons "stretching the truth". Get over the methods already

Slimeball techniques are common in certain industries. Gym memberships happen to be one of those (as are Used Car Sales, Timeshares, penny stocks and many more). The peope running these operations are highly trained and motivated and I'm 100% certain that they are within the law.

Lets move on : nothing further to see here....

Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    Unfortunately for me, I am stuck with a personal training contract that is beyond my means and a membership that I don't really need.
    I'm wondering where the OP's moral compass was when signing a contract they admit is beyond their means? Seems California wasn't the only party to this contract who was doing the misleading.
    Fatelvis and Gruntfuttock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    I just hate the unfriendliness on this site. Who cares if a question has been asked hundred times before? Why bother responding with unpleasantness, just ignore it?
    But it wasn't a question. A question would have been treated differently.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Don't kid yourself. A question would have not been treated differently.
    elle, anothercanuck and Lootoo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Sounds like a question to me:
    If any of you have faced similar issues, or know someone who have, please advise how I'd be able to seek redress

What is a moral contract?

Can we put this in the "let's point out someone's mistakes as cruelly as possible" category and move on?

I agree what OP did was a bit silly, but some of these responses are just funny. We've all made such mistakes not least gruntfuttock who confesses he got swindled for huge sums of money. I don't recall anyone telling him he should've asked his "mummy" for advice. I recently signed a new work contract and immediately regretted not pushing for a little bit more money (although I'd already improved the deal I'm sure I could've squeezed some more)

We all make mistakes but the attitude on geoexpat is often ridiculously unsympathetic.

gunsnroses, jgl, elle and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    We've all made such mistakes not least gruntfuttock who confesses he got swindled for huge sums of money. I don't recall anyone telling him he should've asked his "mummy" for advice.
    Yes, he did relay the story but he didnt go on a public message board and suggest that laws should be changed to protect the ignorant.
    I recently signed a new work contract and immediately regretted not pushing for a little bit more money (although I'd already improved the deal I'm sure I could've squeezed some more)
    You learned and moved on; I dont see you whining about it and suggesting laws be changed either.
    We all make mistakes but the attitude on geoexpat is often ridiculously unsympathetic.
    I think it has to do with the fact that the OP is suggesting that he be protected from himself.

When I screw up (and it has happened many times over the years), I lick my wounds and move on. I might tell a friend or 2, I might even post it here to save people some aggro but I sure as hell wont try to get laws changed because *I* screwed up.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast