Like Tree97Likes

Beware of California Fitness. Please advise

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Hi Ss. You're online early!

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Yes, he did relay the story but he didnt go on a public message board and suggest that laws should be changed to protect the ignorant.You learned and moved on; I dont see you whining about it and suggesting laws be changed either.
    I think it has to do with the fact that the OP is suggesting that he be protected from himself.

When I screw up (and it has happened many times over the years), I lick my wounds and move on. I might tell a friend or 2, I might even post it here to save people some aggro but I sure as hell wont try to get laws changed because *I* screwed up.
    You're probably right. Saying that, I just mentioned the thread to my wife and her response was:

"The internet is a platform for people to insult each other. Everyone is fed up of pretending to be nice in real life"

Definitely an element of that going on too!

I am an outspoken person in real life, but have to restrain myself in business a fair bit, so I think you could have a point. You guys get to see the "real me" for better or worse! Grunt, on the other hand, has no such excuse because he's pretty much the same in real life!

I know we are going off at a slight tangent here, but apart from the mummy comment, nothing here was highly offensive.

My personal rule online is that I will never post anything that I would not say to the recipients face, in fact I think there are times I am more polite online.

Look on the bright side, the OP has lost his geo virginity, not too painfully, and been introduced to quite a variety of characters. All before 9am.

I seem to remember Satay Sue posting some time ago that this board was actually pretty tame compared to the Singapore(?) equivalent which was plain brutal. at least here everyone, with one or two exceptions, plays nicely.

Last edited by Cwbguy; 13-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    carang likes this.

Why am I the only person who thought (for no apparent reason) OP was a 'she'? And no that isn't meant as an insult to anyone!

Edit: Actually, re-reading opening post I reckon he's a bloke.

Last edited by justjoe86; 13-06-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Has to be a bloke, girls aren't that stupid!

Now that's beginning to be offensive!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    The only way to seek redress is through Small Claims tribunal...
    At one point, the Small Claims Tribunal stopped accepting claims regarding California Fitness. There were so many on both sides...
    carang likes this.

I heard they were banned from the courts a long time ago due to massive abuse.

Interesting their behavior in Thailand I posted about earlier. Pure scum.

For a help forum this place can be remarkably snarky and unwelcoming. I'm not saying you can't get good advice, some posters are remarkably knowledgeable and generous with their sharing but I just don't get the usual culprits ready to pounce on a noob and point out how stupid they have been. Why bother? Why not just ignore the thread instead of being a dick?

To the OP: these things just happen in life, where you make a mistake, feel ridiculously cheated, wonder why the world is set up to be so cruel. I've had similar things happen where I wonder why on earth I made certain choices in situations like that and really didn't get why society (?) allows people to make mistakes like this and "traps" them with a trick. It happens to all of us at some point and just biting the bullet and living with a mistake is a part of life. You can't expect the courts/government to take care of it for you or deal with it. On the bright side, you get a painful but important lesson in life.

(I think the OP is female and in early 20s, as I can totally see myself writing something like this 10 years ago... Gosh, and I was just telling someone today about an unjustified parking ticket I once got years ago! )

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast