Snooker halls

Closed Thread

Snooker halls

....I know its debatable if snooker is a sport, but can anyone recommend any decent snooker places in HK?

The last one I went to was this one in Knutsford terrace. Had to queue for ages for a table, then I was at the table next to beer pong. Around 20mins later, some local girl with a mouth full of beer decided to spit it all out on me........

Are there ones in HK that are a bit more professional?

I've heard stories that most of these establishments were run by triads, but the scene has cleaned up a bit. I colleague mentioned the some HK athletics club in CWB, but I need to be with a member every time I go.

There's one in kings hotel, jaffe road ,wanchai/cwb. I play pool in the pool hall on the floor below.

I remember there's also quite a few places in the mongkok area.

in fact I don't think there's a shortage of decent snooker places here, i'm sure others will have suggestions

peking snooker place in tai po is pretty relaxed and quite large, but are you willing to come to taipo to play peaceful snooker

there is/was a snooker place on 1X ( cant remember which floor ) cwb plaza 2 phase, ok, slightly pricey

I went to Coco Duck in Mk with colleagues for darts, I liked the look of that place (1st floor darts, 2nd floor pool and 3rd floor snooker), but went back a few weeks later it had closed down...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Here's a comprehensive list of licensed snooker clubs in HK so you can check some out.

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/licensing/en/be_premises.php

Willie Snooker, G/F (minor portion) & Basement, Lancashire Centre, 361 Shau Kei Wan Road, Hong Kong.
    Bit of a niche activity in this part of the world I'd have thought...

The athletic club your friend referred to is the SCAA in CWB. Its close to the HK Stadium. They have public snooker areas as well as private rooms. I've never had problems getting a table even on saturday night.

Joe's Billiard in King's Hotel in Jaffe road is your other bet if you're into pool. Otherwise, if you're purely for the sport of pool and not the beer and fast food, you could actually check the government LCSD booking website. There's a couple pool places on their facilities like the Aberdeen Sorts hall, surprisingly.