Like Tree44Likes

Swimming - fresh water- tai tam?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The water comes from rain and the streams are only full in summer. Unseen rocks are why you don't jump in. Currents?? LMAO.
    What's so funny? Yes, currents. If you don't know how deep a pool in a stream is, it can easily carry you away before you know it due to the current. During periods of heavy rain there can be flash floods.

What is with your condescending attitude? Is this a geoexpat thing? Or just something wrong with you?
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerMan:
    What's so funny? Yes, currents. If you don't know how deep a pool in a stream is, it can easily carry you away before you know it due to the current. During periods of heavy rain there can be flash floods.

What is with your condescending attitude? Is this a geoexpat thing? Or just something wrong with you?
    You've clearly never seen a stream in hk. Sure there us water flow but that's bleeding obvious. They are not really big enough for "hidden currents". You are making mountains out of molehills.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app
    HowardCoombs likes this.

You've clearly never seen a stream in hk. Sure there us water flow but that's bleeding obvious. They are not really big enough for "hidden currents". You are making mountains out of molehills.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Taking common sense precaution is making mountains out of molehills? Seems like there really is a problem with you.

Taking common sense precaution is making mountains out of molehills? Seems like there really is a problem with you.
    Have you actually been to one or seen one in person (in Hong Kong) ? If/when you do you'll realize why your concerns seem a bit silly.
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 19-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

If you had actually read the rest of the thread, you would know that I take stream trekking very seriously and always take precautions. I lead stream treks for one of the hiking groups here. I just take APPROPRIATE precautions (like not going if there are any storm signals raised or rain forecast) and ensure I have my map; nor do I ever jump into water I do not know the depth of/rocks in. However, worrying about "hidden currents" is not one of those concerns in HK.

For anyone interested, http://hongkonghikers.org have a trip scheduled to the Lantau infinity pool next Friday (2nd August).

Elegiaque likes this.

If you had actually read the rest of the thread, you would know that I take stream trekking very seriously and always take precautions. I lead stream treks for one of the hiking groups here. I just take APPROPRIATE precautions (like not going if there are any storm signals raised or rain forecast) and ensure I have my map; nor do I ever jump into water I do not know the depth of/rocks in. However, worrying about "hidden currents" is not one of those concerns in HK.
    You could have simply said "there are no currents in HK to be worried about" rather than give me a condescending laugh at my expense. I don't care how much of an expert you are in freshwater swimming or hiking, but with your kind of attitude, I will be better off not meeting you in person or joining any of your hiking group.

You could have simply said "there are no currents in HK to be worried about" rather than give me a condescending laugh at my expense. I don't care how much of an expert you are in freshwater swimming or hiking, but with your kind of attitude, I will be better off not meeting you in person or joining any of your hiking group.
    And it took you 11 days to come up with that reply?

And it took you 11 days to come up with that reply?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? Guess you never heard of "work" or "family" or "business trip". Unlike you, I have things besides geoexpat to deal with and I can't be on here 24/7.

Anyway, I'm better off seeking freshwater swimming and hiking advice from someone else. Congrats, you will be the first person on my geoexpat ignore list.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10