Like Tree44Likes

Swimming - fresh water- tai tam?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sorry the three lefts in the final instructions above should be rights. Cant edit for some reason.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app

Just read the rest of the posts. Anyone who goes near a stream in hk when there is any risk at all of a typhoon signal needs their head examined. Folks like that are the ones who give stream trekking a bad reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Just read the rest of the posts. Anyone who goes near a stream in hk when there is any risk at all of a typhoon signal needs their head examined. Folks like that are the ones who give stream trekking a bad reputation.

Fine with me if the taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for their adventures gone wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Thanks for the directions Movingin07. Less grateful for the suggestion that I am some sort of mental deficient. (Can nobody on this forum express forthright views without being rude?) The T1 was not hoisted until a good 7 hours after we were safely home and we weren't "stream trekking" we were swimming in a rock pool and paddling in a shallow stream a few minutes away from the path.

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK:
    Thanks for the directions Movingin07. Less grateful for the suggestion that I am some sort of mental deficient. (Can nobody on this forum express forthright views without being rude?) The T1 was not hoisted until a good 7 hours after we were safely home and we weren't "stream trekking" we were swimming in a rock pool and paddling in a shallow stream a few minutes away from the path.
    You are forgetting that you had no map, had no clue of your destination, you were an hour away from civilization and you were playing in a stream not knowing what was around the next corner.

To those who take such things seriously, you certainly come across like someone who is missing a screw or 2.

an hour is wildly exaggerated.
    I have done infinity pool to TaiO bus stop in 30 minutes.
    So from the place Martha described to the first huts it's around 30 minutes, normal walking speed.

But what I really hate is the bikers who use the hiking trail along the coast despite the no-bicycle signs. Have you ever encountered and reprimanded them ?
    I mean THAT's dangerous, especially when it's raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    But what I really hate is the bikers who use the hiking trail along the coast despite the no-bicycle signs. Have you ever encountered and reprimanded them ? I mean THAT's dangerous, especially when it's raining.
    As annoying as they are, they have one big benefit : They do a fantastic job of clearing spider webs
    emx and MovingIn07 like this.

that's right.
    but they also turn the tranquil hiking path into a treacherous bowling lane.
    Imagine they bump into a group of hikers, full nine.
    so I resolutely stop them and threaten to call the police.
    The first step to enjoying a good swim is to actually get there unharmed !!

btw, it's also safer to take the FERRY from TungChung to TaiO.

There have been many traffic accidents on Lantau, recently.
    And the bus drivers here quite often ignore traffic rules and make phone calls while driving!

I'm going to try to find this infinity pool tomorrow, but for whatever reason, the Lantau country map has gone completely missing! Will keep an eye on the forecast and hope a signal doesn't go up in the evening, or else I'll get really scolded!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast