Like Tree44Likes

Swimming - fresh water- tai tam?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I'm going to try to find this infinity pool tomorrow, but for whatever reason, the Lantau country map has gone completely missing! Will keep an eye on the forecast and hope a signal doesn't go up in the evening, or else I'll get really scolded!
    After you get scolded, will you whinge and whine about how rude people are?

Perhaps you just keep your misadventures to yourself lest your virgin ears hear some vituperations; we would not want you to get offended after all.

HongKongHikers were there today. Some photos here: http://hongkonghikers.org/photos/album/40342

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    HongKongHikers were there today. Some photos here: http://hongkonghikers.org/photos/album/40342
    Nahhh, it makes too much sense to join an experienced group. Just not convenient.

Its better to wander the hills without a map/gps, trapsing in and out of streams with a storm brewing and when someone suggests that thats not a very good idea - get all bent out of shape about it about it.
    *gasp* was I being rude again? *gasp*

today is not a particularly good day to go there.
    it's raining quite a bit, road slippery and probably strong current in the pool which makes it unsuitable for swimming. splashing in the water next to the fall is still ok though

Last edited by Morrison; 06-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    that's right.
    but they also turn the tranquil hiking path into a treacherous bowling lane.
    Imagine they bump into a group of hikers, full nine.
    so I resolutely stop them and threaten to call the police.
    The first step to enjoying a good swim is to actually get there unharmed !!
    I have been known to reprimand cyclists being dangerous. Much to his surprise. Hiking poles are quite useful! Not that path tho.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app

I recall that I was almost caught by your backswing!
    (It was just outside Lai Chi Wo)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I have been known to reprimand cyclists being dangerous. Much to his surprise. Hiking poles are quite useful! Not that path tho.

haha. you actually believed that !? awesome.

btw, according to yesterday's SCMP it's one more Lantau-hiker gone to heaven , still need to find out details about this incident

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    btw, according to yesterday's SCMP it's one more Lantau-hiker gone to heaven , still need to find out details about this incident
    66 year old stream trekker surnamed Wu, died while traversing Wong Lung stream on the way up to Sunset Peak. He died from head injuries.

Government Flying Service indicated that helicopter arrived at 5:13 but was not able to find him until 6:11 due to foliage and rocks that were obscuring the location. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Rest in peace MrWu.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    66 year old stream trekker surnamed Wu, died while traversing Wong Lung stream on the way up to Sunset Peak. He died from head injuries.

Government Flying Service indicated that helicopter arrived at 5:13 but was not able to find him until 6:11 due to foliage and rocks that were obscuring the location. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Rest in peace MrWu.
    Tough stream with one very dangerous section. Wont do it without a rope.

I've got nothing against fresh water swimming, but HK would'nt be my first choice for it. What is wrong with swimming in the sea here? Pollution? It's not really that bad in the eastern waters.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast