Like Tree8Likes

Wimbelon Mens Final 2013

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

About fucking time

Cwbguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Anyone watching? Murray a set up and just broke back in the 2nd. Crowd getting behind the Scottish machine.
    He is only Scottish when he is losing Today he is British!

Credit where credit is due. Ivan have has made him mentally so much stronger. Congrats!

Sorry for the typo above. Created a new grammatical tense :-) :-)

Last edited by Tom007; 08-07-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Credit where credit is due. Ivan have has made him mentally so much stronger. Congrats!
    Hear the Scottish Lion Roar !
    I think Ivan really got Murray to improve his return service, which won this game against Djokovic's powerful serve. There were some amazing back hand shots also which helped Murray immensely.

One of the best games I have watched, not since Agassi won Wimbledon back in 1992.

3 cheers for Murray !
    Last edited by Sai Kung Motors; 08-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.

I didn't watch the final last night ( hit the sack instead) , but my husband did and said that Andy's GF Kim was shaking, really shaking with nervousness during the last set. Even my husband was on edge for Murray to win.

Indeed. Really great game from Murray. Beating Novak in straight 3 sets is something very very special.

Sai Kung Motors likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I didn't watch the final last night ( hit the sack instead) , but my husband did and said that Andy's GF Kim was shaking, really shaking with nervousness during the last set. Even my husband was on edge for Murray to win.
    Yeah she was kinda nervous. That's love :-)

I must be the only one then to find yesterday's final boring. Unless you are Serbian or Brit it's really hard to get excited by this kind of game.

Djoko/Murray are too similar in their game, very defensive, no risks, they never move from their baseline, not to mention Murray's lack of personality !

The semi final game between Del Potro and Djoko was far more exciting, the best game in Wimbledon this year.

Tennis in the 90's was more interesting with players like Sampras, Rafter, Becker, Agassi, Kuerten, Rios, Arazi etc...More diversity and offensive game!

Mat likes this.

I agree that the match was nothing spectacular in terms of the tennis they served up.. I thought Djokovic was particularly poor - lots of unenforced errors and only glimpses of his brilliance. Murray didn't play enthralling tennis either - he toughed it out and made fewer errors.

When you watch someone like Sampras or Federer dominate the grass court with serve/volley I think it's a more entertaining spectacle than two back court sluggers...

Fair play to Andy Murray - he played better than Djokovic and deserved to win... and he held his nerve well in that last game - but that was the only game that got me to the edge of my seat.

Sebastien-F likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast