Like Tree8Likes

Wimbelon Mens Final 2013

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien-F:
    Djoko/Murray are too similar in their game, very defensive, no risks, they never move from their baseline, not to mention Murray's lack of personality !

Tennis in the 90's was more interesting with players like Sampras, Rafter, Becker, Agassi, Kuerten, Rios, Arazi etc...More diversity and offensive game!
    I'll drink to that ! I am with you about the lack of personality but that could be said about most professional sports men & women nowadays.
    Last edited by Sai Kung Motors; 08-07-2013 at 11:19 AM.

I think I must have been too emotionally engaged as a Brit as I thought it was a fantastic match (and I usually find tennis fairly dull). Going by the texts I was receiving, pretty much all of Britain came to a standstill.

What I didn't like was the irritating and somewhat patronising commentary by that guy Vijay on Star Sports. I really missed the BBC commentary (especially Boris Becker) although Sat's BBC comment about "never going to be a looker" about the Ladies winner was a bit much!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    I have the feeling he had to win it in the third set.

Fantastic effort, 77 years in the making.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app
    I had the same feeling - that if he didn't win it that set that that might ignite Jokovich for some magical comeback as he is no. 1 in the world.

Murray though looked too determined to end playing less than the standard he had all day.

Jokovich's stats on errors and first serves vs. Murray's errors suggest that Murray was not about to collapse in front of his home crowd. Murray looked pretty confident and determined.

Now how much longer in that heat could Murray have been hitting those hard to get to shots especially in the long rallies?

It could be UK's 'sport' year once again. Justin Rose US Golf Open, Andy in Wimbledon, Chris Froome ( although dual citizenship I presume ) looking sharp in the Tour de France, The Open at Muirfield later this month and perhaps the US Open in New York in August. Looking bright indeed:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    It could be UK's 'sport' year once again. Justin Rose US Golf Open, Andy in Wimbledon, Chris Froome ( although dual citizenship I presume ) looking sharp in the Tour de France, The Open at Muirfield later this month and perhaps the US Open in New York in August. Looking bright indeed:-)
    Don't forget the Lions win. Now bring on the Ashes!!!!!

Oh yes.... Apologies for the miss :-)

What an emphatic win in the end. Tennis is a funny game with literally a point or 2 somewhere in the middle potentially swinging momentum of a match one way or the other.
    This is the difference between OK players and great players like Murray. Players like verdasco and Janowicz who had Murray on the ropes at some stage during their matches, don't know how to finish it off and ultimately had no ticker. Not a fan of Murray but he sure has guts and a winning mentality.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks mobile app

Last edited by Loz_2; 08-07-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Definitely. English sport needs some success of it's own. Finding it hard to get excited about Froome (African), Murray (dour Scot) and the lions (predominantly taffs)

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    That will make it a hat trick, if the English cricket team come good !

What a great year if they do !

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    Definitely. English sport needs some success of it's own. Finding it hard to get excited about Froome (African), Murray (dour Scot) and the lions (predominantly taffs)
    You guys had your highlight just a month ago with Justin Rose. First English since Tony Jacklin won the US Open. Not bad at all :-)
    Last edited by Tom007; 08-07-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast