Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tom007
  • 1 Post By Tom007

Congrats Phil Mickelson

Closed Thread

Congrats Phil Mickelson

Well done Phil. Coming from behind,
    he just secured his first British Open win and holding the Claret Jug in 2013. Great player great winner IMHO.

Last edited by Tom007; 22-07-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    Coolboy likes this.

Seconded. But i guess as I dislike Woods so much I must be a racist. Not a feminist or anything like that.

Had Lee Westwood on my cards to be honest. Don't know what happened to him. Choking or just a bad day or perhaps the weather conditions? 4 over last round is pretty hard to swallow. He is an experienced player and knows how to handle intense pressure. But credit where credit is due. Phil's 5 under in the last round was just breathtaking stuff and he fully deserved the win :-)

Happy for Phil, not only a great golfer, but a great person. This victory really cements his legacy as one of the all time greats in the game.

Guys let's keep this thread going for awhile:-) Definitely [ my ] favorite golf event the British Open or more common 'The Open'. It's like 'golf' is coming home. It really is. Terrific spirit, atmosphere and the scenery is just breathtaking. Yes Augusta, US open etc are great too, but here you really feel it's pure and true enjoyment for everyone and all walks of life :-) A well deserved winner IMHO. It really looks like Phil is at peace with the world and himself {hope I got this translation right :-) } and his interaction with the spectators is real and genuine. True champion and great personality :-)

I love the British Open as well, but nothing compares to the Masters for me. I just love everything about the Masters.

Golf is such a mental sport, and you can see that with Tiger and Phil. One is completely at peace with things, the other is still dealing with demons.

If Tiger Woods is to win another major, he must forgive himself for what he did... I don't think he's done that yet but he is getting close.

Agreed. Tiger is getting closer. He just can't find the edge at the moment, he used to have, especially in the 4th and decisive round. Few years back and just two off the lead, he would have turned the whole thing in his favor. Pretty sure about that.

I want tiger to win. He's had such a drought with women lately.

Sent from somewhere....

Coolboy likes this.

Shouldn't left this one out. Great picture indeed.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1374509970.740609.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  72.2 KB