Like Tree7Likes

Cycling in Hong Kong

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by turtle:
    where can i buy some cheap but good bibs for road cycling?
    Well you can check out places like flying ball but I order mine online. Highly recommend the Desoto 400 mile bib, very comfortable...

Quote Originally Posted by turtle:
    where can i buy some cheap but good bibs for road cycling?
    You can find Giant's bikes at yybike.com.hk. The price around HKD 3000 to HKD20000.

Quote Originally Posted by kondex:
    You can find Giant's bikes at yybike.com.hk. The price around HKD 3000 to HKD20000.
    Bibs are like bike shorts with shoulder straps(clothing). They are not bikes...

Quote Originally Posted by duk:
    Nope, no bikes on the MTR.
    However, they are allowed on the ferries. And only the slower ferries, which usually also take other large luggage.
    Also, I think the ferry from TST to Wan Chai only, but not to Central.
    What about foldable bikes? Don't imagine it'd so so obstructive

Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    What about foldable bikes? Don't imagine it'd so so obstructive
    Foldables and bikes with one detached wheel are okay. You see them all the time along the East Rail line. As long as the bike is not as bulky as a mainland smuggler lugging around a suitcase plus two huge plastic bags and a backpack, you're fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Last edited by Azuremain; 24-06-2013 at 07:51 PM.

smuggler, another term ? They seems to do it legally in the day time, no hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan:
    smuggler, another term ? They seems to do it legally in the day time, no hiding.
    Scrap the multiple entry permit for mainlanders and we can talk about the correct term again. As long as they are doing it for business on a daily basis and not like tourists for a one time tax free benefit they are smugglers. There are occasional crackdowns on them so it can't be that legal after all.

To stay on topic, Tin Shui Wai is another nice place for biking. It's the Netherlands of Hong Kong with many and wide bike lanes and rental shops. Take a route to Lau Fau Shan.

Last edited by Azuremain; 25-06-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Scrap the multiple entry permit for mainlanders and we can talk about the correct term again. As long as they are doing it for business on a daily basis and not like tourists for a one time tax free benefit they are smugglers.
    Many of them are completely legal so it is not smuggling. To call them smugglers is simple ignorance.

To stay on topic, Tin Shui Wai is another nice place for biking. It's the Netherlands of Hong Kong with many and wide bike lanes and rental shops. Take a route to Lau Fau Shan.
    If that's your idea of staying on topic, let's go off on tangents! Tin Shui Wai is very underrated but, "the Netherlands of Hong Kong"???

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    If that's your idea of staying on topic, let's go off on tangents! Tin Shui Wai is very underrated but, "the Netherlands of Hong Kong"???

of HK, not of China or Asia. You won't find such an infrastructure for bikes within urban areas elsewhere in HK.

If there is please share.

Hello everyone, I've just arrived in HK and I've been looking for cycling clubs or groups that ride regularly at weekends or during the week. Would anyone be interested in a ride or know of any I can join? My number is 93855158. Hope to hear from some of you soon, cheers, Ed.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast