Like Tree11Likes

any sports recommended for weight loss.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I get so hungry after exercise (any exercise) I usually end up eating double&triple what I just burned off.

Are there any tips, tricks, pills or potions to try to alleviate the post exercise hunger? I've read a few of the suggestions in various magazines but I just cant control it with will power. I *CAN* control the urge for cold beer but not for eating copious quantities after exercise...
    drinking lots of water helps. Fruits are OK but sometimes don't always help. Almonds I found really good and a handful of them help but willpower is the biggest issue with most people.

With any transition from a mid to high level carbohydrate diet to a lesser carb diet you will get tiredness, headaches and flatulence. It generally lasts about 2 days. Once you get through that you can do anything!

Lift weights.....the heavier the better. You will not look huge and bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I tend not to rely on Geo as a source of scientific knowledge I look up research papers for that kind of thing, even if it's just to read the abstracts.
    Good point.

ACSM provide good quality books too. These are scientific and valid in the field.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using GeoClicks Mobile

I have never seen long distance runners who are fat. If weight loss is what you want you might consider running. It will probably improve your aerobic activities in bed too!

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Are there any tips, tricks, pills or potions to try to alleviate the post exercise hunger? I've read a few of the suggestions in various magazines but I just cant control it with will power. I *CAN* control the urge for cold beer but not for eating copious quantities after exercise...
    Another approach, which I've observed in others, is to to get so completely obsessed with some choice of exercise that it doesn't matter what you eat afterwards.

Perhaps this is not a practical choice for many people, I know, but I've witnessed many people in dragonboat and outrigger canoe teams eat like horses post-training and still keep in very good shape. Though there is also the tendency to rebound if they suddenly stop training and their appetites don't slow down at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Another approach, which I've observed in others, is to to get so completely obsessed with some choice of exercise that it doesn't matter what you eat afterwards.

Perhaps this is not a practical choice for many people, I know, but I've witnessed many people in dragonboat and outrigger canoe teams eat like horses post-training and still keep in very good shape. Though there is also the tendency to rebound if they suddenly stop training and their appetites don't slow down at the same time.
    Ex-professional sports people are a great example.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Would you care to explain the science behind that statement?
    In addition to that, I want to know how this study was conducted, sample size, survey or experiment, all the nitty gritty details.

swimming is great, especially when you are overweight, all other exercise is a strain on your knees

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    In addition to that, I want to know how this study was conducted, sample size, survey or experiment, all the nitty gritty details.

swimming is great, especially when you are overweight, all other exercise is a strain on your knees
    Would you a silver spoon with that?

Search for it up yourself Swimming must be one of the most widely-researched sports in existence. There are plenty of papers on it.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Cross fit

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using GeoClicks Mobile

OP has indicated that she is doing Pilates by watching Youtube. Unlikely that she wants to spend over twenty thousand dollars a year on exercise!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast