Like Tree11Likes

any sports recommended for weight loss.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I'm not that bad - I dont go for sugar/fatty snacks but my problem is carbs. When I get home after a hike, no amount of fruit/veg satisfies me. I crave bread/pasta/rice along with some fish/chicken/meat and its a craving that I find very hard to control.
    Portion control. I'm the same. Instead of a big plate of pasta, make it a smaller plate of half paste, half salad. The brain thinks it's the same and I find that helps hugely. Also make sure you drink LOTs of water before eating -sometimes it's actually fluid that's needed and not food. But it also helps fill you up!
    HowardCoombs likes this.

In addition to what Min wrote, I find it helps if you have had one good portion and now thinking of getting another, in this situation, make sure you drink a glass of water. One glass of water will clarify the difference between actual hunger and greed.

HowardCoombs likes this.

Yes, when it comes to food, I'm very greedy which accounts for my girth.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I'm not that bad - I dont go for sugar/fatty snacks but my problem is carbs. When I get home after a hike, no amount of fruit/veg satisfies me. I crave bread/pasta/rice along with some fish/chicken/meat and its a craving that I find very hard to control.
    I have the same problem, but in my case add also beer & cheese!

Maybe you can try indoor bordering,easy and fast burning your body fat,some center at kowloon side.

Sent from my C6603 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by salor:
    Maybe you can try indoor bordering,easy and fast burning your body fat,some center at kowloon side.

Sent from my C6603 using GeoClicks Mobile
    What on earth is indoor bordering?

I think he means "bouldering", which is a short duration, high strength, completely anaerobic version of climbing. A handy sport for climbers in good shape who want to improve their technique, but it isn't going to help burn energy.

Ideally followed up by beer and greasy food.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I think he means "bouldering", which is a short duration, high strength, completely anaerobic version of climbing. A handy sport for climbers in good shape who want to improve their technique, but it isn't going to help burn energy.

Ideally followed up by beer and greasy food.
    Thanks. I know bouldering but it wasn't what came to mind - more indoor weeding of flower borders or something! (gardening is supposed to be good exercise though)
    bibbju likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5