Like Tree8Likes

HK Stadium

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Most of the high paid dickheads didnt even play in yesterdays or wasnt even in HK, what a shame for the fans that paid stupid money to watch the reserves playing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Most of the high paid dickheads didnt even play in yesterdays or wasnt even in HK, what a shame for the fans that paid stupid money to watch the reserves playing LOL
    What was the starting lineup ( ManU )?

Ok just checked myself ( lineup ) Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Loves a good generalisation does Mat. Absolutely loves it.
    Indeed but it's really hard to listen to most intreviews from footballers.

I mean, sportsmen in general are not here for their brain but in the case of footballers it is probably more true than in most sport...

Ever heard Ribery talk? Rooney? Benzema? Zidane? Ronaldo? Messi? Evra? Ferdinand? Lampard?

My ears, oh my ears...

Distinguished geoClic soccer fans, first and foremost they have to kick the ball around and we shouldn't really care, if they have any remote poetry talent or not. Back to the topic. HK LegCo gets involved and demanding a full report on the poor state of the pitch at the HK Stadium. Rightly so IMHO

Last edited by Tom007; 30-07-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Distinguished geoClic soccer fans, first and foremost they have to kick the ball around and we shouldn't really care, if they have any remote poetry talent or not. Back to the topic. HK LegCo gets involved and demanding a full report on the poor state of the pitch at the HK Stadium. Rightly so IMHO
    I don't think you should hold too much expectation that those grandstanding half-wits in Legco will do much about it other than try to score some points through the media.

I think if anything will actually be done, it is more likely the fear of losing face internationally then Legco pressure. The government after all treat sports in HK as an after-thought, they won't treat it seriously until they have eggs on their face for all the world to see. I mean, this grass problem has bedeviled the HK stadium ever since it reopened after it's modernization almost 20 years ago now. If the government was serious in dealing with this issue, would'nt they have solved it by now?

If anything good is to come out if this, is that there now maybe stronger movement to speed up the Kai Tak Stadium. But again, since we are talking about the HK government, who are we kidding?
    Tom007 and auss like this.

Well said TankerMan :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Indeed but it's really hard to listen to most intreviews from footballers.

I mean, sportsmen in general are not here for their brain but in the case of footballers it is probably more true than in most sport...

Ever heard Ribery talk? Rooney? Benzema? Zidane? Ronaldo? Messi? Evra? Ferdinand? Lampard?

My ears, oh my ears...
    probably not a bad thing then that they get paid for football rather than intellectual debate

On a related issue, read today that many of the touts got burned as tickets were put on general release prior to the game. if just one tout was left with an expensive unsold ticket in his pocket, something good came out of yesterday's game (aside from Andan Januzaj of course )

justlooking likes this.

Ultimately, does it matter whether the pitch was lousy, the climate was too hot/humid or no "real stars" was on the field yesterday? If people are willing to pay top dollars to see ManU, top stars or not, the top premier league clubs will keep coming over here. After all, we are talking about capitalism with a capital $.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast