Pure fitness temporary membership/HSBC discount pass

Closed Thread

Pure fitness temporary membership/HSBC discount pass

hi guys,

currently in hong kong for a couple of months and was looking into joining a gym. Pure fitness in soho very convenient for me, but they quoted me $2500 for a temporary month membership which was crazy. I've done some research and I see online that if you have a HSBC premier card you can get a 4 week pass to the gym for $1000. my dad has one of these cards, so the question is would i be able to get the benefit through HIS card and then use the gym myself? do pure have photos on the membership cards? how does it work if anyone knows?

also, if anyone knows of other gyms in central that offer a single months membership for a non-extortionate rate please let me know

Yes Pure have photos on their system so you wouldn't be able to use someone else's card.

However, they also give out 7 day passes for free to people who are thinking of joining. You would need to sit through their sales pitch. I think most gyms do this, so you could possibly try them all out one after the other.

Did you give them your name when you enquired about temporary membership? If so this may not work now, as they'll know you're not genuinely thinking of joining.

Last edited by Beanieskis; 04-08-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo

reckon i can get away with paying for the membersihp using my dads card (presumably what has to be done) then going down, getting the photo, etc myself?

To be honest, I don't think $1000 for a month at Pure Soho is worth the money (and definitely not $2500). As a gym, it find it horribly overcrowded and badly laid out. I joined Pure when I moved to HK and didn't know any better (it seemed the least worst out of some bad options). I do also seem to remember that they wanted photo ID when I signed up.

I suggest you use one of their 7 day free passes to check them out properly before going down this route. If you want to train in Central, you might be better off looking at Fitness First or Physical.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    To be honest, I don't think $1000 for a month at Pure Soho is worth the money (and definitely not $2500). As a gym, it find it horribly overcrowded and badly laid out. I joined Pure when I moved to HK and didn't know any better (it seemed the least worst out of some bad options). I do also seem to remember that they wanted photo ID when I signed up.

I suggest you use one of their 7 day free passes to check them out properly before going down this route. If you want to train in Central, you might be better off looking at Fitness First or Physical.
    the main incentive for me to join pure is that i can walk to/from the gym very easily. they offered me a free 1 day pass - not sure i could get the 7 day one as i told them i was only interested in a single months membership.

do you know how much fitness first or physical would cost for a months membership? also where are they located in central?

thanks

You can ask them give you 7days free pass(all locations)for sure!!!

And you can try pure Ifc,admiraty,CWB...etc...

My sales very good,you can call her,

Carol 94446368