Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 121 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    There were being naive. Better to have banked 3 points and put pressure on City to slip up, than to drop points.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app
    In hindsight, sure. But what if both Liverpool and City won out and the Premiership was decided on goal differential? Fans would have lamented sitting back for three points rather than trying to score as many goals as possible against Palace.

But if there is one theme to this season, it's that NOTHING has played out as it should on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    In hindsight, sure. But what if both Liverpool and City won out and the Premiership was decided on goal differential? Fans would have lamented sitting back for three points rather than trying to score as many goals as possible against Palace.

But if there is one theme to this season, it's that NOTHING has played out as it should on paper.
    The goal difference was what? 8—9 goals. If both teams won their remaining games, and of course Man City will have to score more goals to do so, that means Liverpool has to score 4-5 more goals per match. And that's assuming City only win by 1 goal in their matches. Not, going, to, happen.

That's why it would have made more sense to bank 3 pts and put the onus on City to win their games.

iliketurtles likes this.

The goal difference was what? 8—9 goals. If both teams won their remaining games, and of course Man City will have to score more goals to do so, that means Liverpool has to score 4-5 more goals per match. And that's assuming City only win by 1 goal in their matches. Not, going, to, happen.

That's why it would have made more sense to bank 3 pts and put the onus on City to win their games.

Perfectly sound rationale, Proplus . . . but I can see how a manager would want to go for broke. Anyway, still some football yet to be played and as I mentioned earlier, City could very well spit the bit. They are incredibly poor front-runners. Much better as the stalking horse.

How many are up for watching the final round this Sunday in Wan Chai?

I'm meant to be on a stag do so I might be around

CouldI request we choose a bar in central on Sunday night instead of wanchai? Games will finish 12ish and i need to get 1230 ferry so would feel more comfortable if i can walk to the pier. Saying that I don't know which central bars are good for fooball! (?)

Turtles.. isn't the stag do on Saturday night?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using GeoClicks mobile app

Last edited by justjoe86; 07-05-2014 at 02:56 PM.

If the stag do is any good it might just end up going on till Sunday night.

justjoe86 likes this.

We could go to McSorleys or YP?

Agree fully. But when they were 3-0 up with 15, it seemed pretty low risk to chase more goals. At 3-1 they should've parked bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    We could go to McSorleys or YP?
    Yeah if everyone else is ok with that? I can probably head in a few hrs early for food&beer, so we are suitably tipsy when matches KO.

Last edited by justjoe86; 07-05-2014 at 03:21 PM.