Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Page 30 of 137 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Think Southampton need to start putting away midtable sides like Moan Utd if we are to finish in the top six. Well, an away draw is ok but after dominating possession and shots on/off target I think this is 2 points dropped for Saints.
    I didn't realise you were actually a southampton fan. have you got over the appointment of Pochettino yet? I seem to remember you saying the end didn't justify the means of sacking Adkins.

Think Southampton need to start putting away midtable sides like Moan Utd if we are to finish in the top six. Well, an away draw is ok but after dominating possession and shots on/off target I think this is 2 points dropped for Saints.
    Southampton is pretty good indeed. Couldn't watch the weekend games as I mentioned earlier, but what I heard it was rather a lucky draw for ManU. Well done. Old Trafford isn't an easy turf.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I didn't realise you were actually a southampton fan. have you got over the appointment of Pochettino yet? I seem to remember you saying the end didn't justify the means of sacking Adkins.
    Yep, I still think he was treated shabbily and I think he deserved a chance to get us to where Pochettino has taken us to. I still support the club (and supported Pochettino from Day 1), but it would be been even nicer to get to where we are now with Adkins. Cortese is clearly ruthless, which is just about ok when things are going well but might bounce back when they are not.
    Tom007 likes this.

Yep, I still think he was treated shabbily and I think he deserved a chance to get us to where Pochettino has taken us to. I still support the club (and supported Pochettino from Day 1), but it would be been even nicer to get to where we are now with Adkins. Cortese is clearly ruthless, which is just about ok when things are going well but might bounce back when they are not.
    Agree. It was harsh on Adkins, but it worked, and I think that is enough justification. At the time of the sacking I too thought it was ludicrous but as it panned out I actually think Cortese should be congratulated on a great decision - similar to when he sacked pardew for Adkins following a big win.

I'm pretty sure Adkins got a nice cheque in the post anyway, and was re-employed pretty quickly. He'll always be loved by saints fans which is pretty unusual for a sacked manager (Fergie aside!)

This season it is quite impressive how Southampton are able to press high up the pitch for an entire match. They must be ridiculously fit, and all these late goals are testament to that.
    Last edited by justjoe86; 21-10-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Tom007 likes this.

The table starting to spread out a bit. 4 point gap now between Everton in 7th and ManU in 8th.

Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham all impressive in their wins over the weekend. Townsend looked very good last night. Not a bad week for him for club and country.
    Tom, if you missed the matches on Saturday, you missed one of the goals of the season. Arsenal's first goal was pure class and a showcase in top-quality one-touch football.

Suarez and Sturridge looked good for Liverpool again, but not so sure about their midfield or back four. Liverpool should have won that match against 10-men Newcastle but their defence looked shaky, apart from Mignolet.

Big Big match this weekend with Chelsea v City at Stamford bridge.

Tom007 likes this.

Great summary NW14. Thanks a lot. Saw the Wilshere goal. Splendid indeed and Özil looking sharp again - scored twice. Wow yes that will be a belter next Sunday. Too close to call.

Last edited by Tom007; 21-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.

well there's a joke I didn't hear a dozen times over the weekend

don't think united were too bad first half, but the substitutions were baffling.

Southampton were decent. They pressed well, but then that has been a part of their game for two seasons. The key game changer was Moyes' negativity. Again.

I felt United deserved to drop two points more than Southampton deserved to win a point, if that makes any sense.
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    well there's a joke I didn't hear a dozen times over the weekend

don't think united were too bad first half, but the substitutions were baffling.

Southampton were decent. They pressed well, but then that has been a part of their game for two seasons. The key game changer was Moyes' negativity. Again.

I felt United deserved to drop two points more than Southampton deserved to win a point, if that makes any sense.
    Love it. That's football logic at its best. [ your last statement :-) ]

Bit off topic but I mentioned it in the other thread yesterday. Sky Bet Championship now available on channel 818! First 3 live games this weekend.

Trebor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Bit off topic but I mentioned it in the other thread yesterday. Sky Bet Championship now available on channel 818! First 3 live games this weekend.
    Is that NOW TV?

Page 30 of 137 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast