Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 135 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I just finished reading Fergie's latest autobiography, and I was so disappointed in his reasoning in purchasing Berbatov ane why he stuck by him, going Tevez less playing time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    How was it overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    How was it overall?
    Its not bad, but I found it a little short. The papers has a go at him with excerpts from the book (e.g. about Keane, Lampard and Gerrard), but you really need to read the other bits around it to fully understand his decisions.

I didn't know that he really wanted to sign Vieira after he sold Keane, even after the pizza-gate incident, as he saw him as the ideal replacement. in the book, he never mentions really why he sort of neglected the Man Utd midfield in his last few years.
    Tom007 likes this.

Its not bad, but I found it a little short. The papers has a go at him with excerpts from the book (e.g. about Keane, Lampard and Gerrard), but you really need to read the other bits around it to fully understand his decisions.

I didn't know that he really wanted to sign Vieira after he sold Keane, even after the pizza-gate incident, as he saw him as the ideal replacement. in the book, he never mentions really why he sort of neglected the Man Utd midfield in his last few years.
    That's what I thought. A lot taken out of context. Yeah thats really something new with Vieira. Wow. Who would have thought. The Pizzagate incident was amazing. ( Who threw the pizza?) Think it took a long long time until all back to normal between both clubs. Arsenal was on a roll in 2004 but the defeat at Old Trafford was more than just a 2:0 loss.

He still doesn't know who threw the pizza, but he did hear rumours it was Fabregas.

I'm currently on the Zlatan Ibrahimovic book, it's painful to read. It's all over the place. He portrays himself as a constant anger fueled bad boy that never grew up much.

Tom007 likes this.

He still doesn't know who threw the pizza, but he did hear rumours it was Fabregas.

I'm currently on the Zlatan Ibrahimovic book, it's painful to read. It's all over the place. He portrays himself as a constant anger fueled bad boy that never grew up much.

hah, almost forgot about that incident.

Fergie also came out as saying he couldn't pick a top ManU XI during his time as manager but Dennis Irwin would be first on the team sheet. He also gave a little nod towards Cantona as well.

A top Fergie XI would be interesting in his 26 years at the helm.
    Van der Sar or Schmeichel as keeper?
    Steve Bruce and Irwin at the back?
    Surely not Taibi...
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NW14:
    hah, almost forgot about that incident.

Fergie also came out as saying he couldn't pick a top ManU XI during his time as manager but Dennis Irwin would be first on the team sheet. He also gave a little nod towards Cantona as well.

A top Fergie XI would be interesting in his 26 years at the helm.
    Van der Sar or Schmeichel as keeper?
    Steve Bruce and Irwin at the back?
    Surely not Taibi...
    As someone who detest's Man United I'll have a go at picking what i think would be their best starting 11.

Schmeichel

Neville - Vidic - Ferdinand - Irwin

Ronaldo - Keane - Scholes - Giggs

Cantona

Van Nistelrooy
    Tom007 likes this.

I'd probably change Vidic for Stam.

I guess there is an argument for having RVP in there too on last season alone but....

Bench
    Van Der Saar
    Stam
    Bruce
    Evra
    Beckham
    Sheringham
    Rooney
    Van Persie
    Sjolskaer
    Last edited by Trebor; 31-10-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I guess there is an argument for having RVP in there too on last season alone but....

Bench
    Van Der Saar
    Stam
    Bruce
    Evra
    Beckham
    Sheringham
    Rooney
    Van Persie
    Sjolskaer
    With Solksjaer to come off the bench in the 85th minute and score a hat trick.

Yeah Stam for me too but otherwise agreed. Great XI Trebor. Did Ferguson mention Jaap Stam in his book?
    Last edited by Tom007; 31-10-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 135 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast