Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Page 33 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

I'd probably change Vidic for Stam.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:

I guess there is an argument for having RVP in there too on last season alone but....

Bench
    Van Der Saar
    Stam
    Bruce
    Evra
    Beckham
    Sheringham
    Rooney
    Van Persie
    Sjolskaer
    Last edited by Trebor; 31-10-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I guess there is an argument for having RVP in there too on last season alone but....

Bench
    Van Der Saar
    Stam
    Bruce
    Evra
    Beckham
    Sheringham
    Rooney
    Van Persie
    Sjolskaer
    With Solksjaer to come off the bench in the 85th minute and score a hat trick.

Yeah Stam for me too but otherwise agreed. Great XI Trebor. Did Ferguson mention Jaap Stam in his book?
    Last edited by Tom007; 31-10-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Yeah Stam for me too but otherwise agreed. Great XI Trebor. Did Ferguson mention Jaap Stam in his book?
    Yes he did. He regrets selling him so earlier. It wasn't because of what Stam wrote on his book, but for some other reason, IIRC he thought Stam was reaching a certain age, they received a good offer, had recently bought Rio, and thought highly of Evans and Wes Brown.

He mentions that Stam faced Utd in a CL match when he was 34, and immediately knew he had made a mistake letting him go so early.

Tom007 likes this.

Yes he did. He regrets selling him so earlier. It wasn't because of what Stam wrote on his book, but for some other reason, IIRC he thought Stam was reaching a certain age, they received a good offer, had recently bought Rio, and thought highly of Evans and Wes Brown.

He mentions that Stam faced Utd in a CL match when he was 34, and immediately knew he had made a mistake letting him go so early.

Thanks a lot Proplus! Really appreciated. Wow thats pretty honest and straightforward.

I don't see why he should get credits for admitting selling the wrong player(s)?
    remember who he bought to replace Stam? Laurent Blanc, probably one of the worst CB Manunited ever had. He doesn't mention his flop signings in his book, or does he?

Last edited by reprazent; 01-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Of course he does. He mentions the issues he had and why he signed the likes of Kleberson, Taibi and Djemba Djemba.

Laurent Blanc was never seen to be a flop as he did a lot of work behind the scenes with the younger defenders.

Of course he does. He mentions the issues he had and why he signed the likes of Kleberson, Taibi and Djemba Djemba.

Laurent Blanc was never seen to be a flop as he did a lot of work behind the scenes with the younger defenders.

Did Ferguson buy Blanc because Barthez missed his pre-match kiss on the noggin?

Quote Originally Posted by NW14:
    Did Ferguson buy Blanc because Barthez missed his pre-match kiss on the noggin?
    LOL.... He never mentioned that. Utd had been interested in Blanc for a long time before they signed him. Fergie liked the way Blanc could carry the ball out of defence.

Page 33 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast