Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Page 48 of 137 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 ... LastLast

Shenwen, stop with the melt down. Thanks for proving my point that mufc did in fact spend massively in the 80s in order to secure the successes in the 90s. Thanks also for not recognising the abuse you yourself gave.

It's no fun trying to have a debate with you. Like most Manchester United fans, you believe in a myth and is incredibly difficult have a straightforward discussion. You clearly haven't got a clue about football.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Thanks for proving my point that mufc did in fact spend massively in the 80s in order to secure the successes in the 90s.
    Er, they didn't. You keep saying it won't make it true, especially with the facts laid out in black and white.

I will exit this exchange as I can only presume you are being intentionally ignorant.

From here on, i will only discuss with the likes of Trebor. He may be Leeds but at least he has some real, time-served connection with the topic at hand.

Want to tell me again about Steve Bruce? :-)
    Last edited by shenwen; 21-01-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    You being serious?

Difference between spent more, outspent and bought the title.
    Sounds like semantics to me. The point you're actively disputing is that manu "spent massively" anyway.

And they did indeed spend massively, relative to the spending at the time.

If your point is that they didn't spend massively in comparison to man city, then maybe you should make that point specifically.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app
    iliketurtles likes this.

Guys, this has been a sensible thread up until today. Please keep things civil as I really don't want to lock this thread etc.

Tom007 and Mat like this.

Soooo, moving swiftly on. Who do we tip for the bottom three?

It is tough but I'll give it a go:

18th Palace
    19th Stoke
    20th Norwich

I have very little confidence in that being correct though. Anything could happen

Ha! Fair enough Steve. I think everyone has made their points ad nauseum.

Joe, I'm going for Cardiff, Sunderland and Fulham/Norwich.

I think that experienced managers this season will be key and I think the likes of Pulis and Allardyce will be key.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSteve:
    Guys, this has been a sensible thread up until today. Please keep things civil as I really don't want to lock this thread etc.
    Oh no please don't Steve :-( All cool here
    :-)
    :-)

It's been running smoothly since day 1 back in .. August 2013
    Last edited by Tom007; 22-01-2014 at 12:20 AM.

I think West Ham could be in there. I just wish Hull had won, would have opened a nice gap but now we are still in the scrap

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Soooo, moving swiftly on. Who do we tip for the bottom three?

It is tough but I'll give it a go:

18th Palace
    19th Stoke
    20th Norwich

I have very little confidence in that being correct though. Anything could happen

Wow bottom 3 is tough. It's more like bottom 10 at the moment. So tight down there. Ok in no particular order Palace, Sunderland, Norwich.
    Last edited by Tom007; 22-01-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I think West Ham could be in there. I just wish Hull had won, would have opened a nice gap but now we are still in the scrap
    I'd be surprised if Hull go down. Watched them a few times and they've looked very good, including against man city and some other tough games...

... except one game at St Marys. Probably Southampton's best and Hull's worst performance of the season! (Had to get that one in )

Page 48 of 137 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 ... LastLast