Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Closed Thread
Page 49 of 135 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast

City v Sunderland in the League Cup Final.

If any consolation for United, seems as though Mata is going to Old Trafford for 37 million.

Quote Originally Posted by NW14:
    City v Sunderland in the League Cup Final.

If any consolation for United, seems as though Mata is going to Old Trafford for 37 million.
    Amazing stuff. From bad to worse.CL only target now and finishing fourth in the league.
    Last edited by Tom007; 23-01-2014 at 12:35 PM.

I think some pub team will end up knocking them out of the CL. Be interesting to see if Mata makes any difference.
    Sad to see him go but he just couldn't fit around Hazard, Willian and Oscar.

I'm a big fan of Mata, BUT is he the player that United needs right now? I'd say a creative/box to box midfielder should be priority.

and where would Mata play when both rooney/rvp are back? put him out wide? We've seen what happened to Kagawa (a number 10) God knows why fergie bought him and benched him most of the time. (or used him as a winger) Was he expecting Rooney to leave soon?

Man U are going to need a change in formation to accommodate Mata. They didn't do it to accommodate Kagawa so it'll be interesting to see whether they do it, or whether they intend to rotate Rooney, Mata and Kagawa (I can't see this happening).

I'd guess something that looks like the Arsenal formation: 4/2/3/1 with, perhaps, Carrick and Fletcher sitting, Mata, Rooney and ?? (Kagawa?) further up and RVP up top.

Would place a lot of emphasis on their full backs who I don't think are good enough.

One thing is for sure, they are going to have to play very attacking football! I don't see kagawa getting much action

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

That and they'll have a whole bunch of wingers who won't get a game anymore - not a bad thing when they're shit like Young, Nani , Zaha, Valencia...... Wonder how Januzaj would fit in. Maybe he'd be the third of the trio.

I'm sure in Fergie's autobiography he said that Man Utd always play with wingers, and if Moyes is in on that philosophy, then the only formation to play is 4-2-3-1.

It'll probably be Rooney-Januzaj-Mata behind RvP or Hernandez (I wouldn't rule out Welbeck being played on the left either). That leaves 2 sitting midfielders, one would be Carrick and the other most probably going to Phil Jones (unfortunately played out of position again).

Even if Man Utd play that formation, they really do need 1 or 2 more to play in that position. Unless Felliani can some how make a turn around and actually play there, I expect Man Utd to sign one more. The likes of Vidal would be awesome, but doubt they'll go another high profile player.

That leaves the defence. Vidic is no longer the rock he was, and he just seems he doesn't want to be there anymore. Man Utd need to invest in a more vocal CB to organise the back line of relatively younger players. And then there's Evra, he's not getting any younger, and the likes of Buttner and Fabio hasn't stepped up, that's why they're constantly linked to Baines. I'd prefer to go for someone a bit younger than Baines, someone like Luke Shaw.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Another 'dream' idea would be to swap Kawaga plus cash back to Dortmund (they still love him there) for the likes of either Gundogan or Lars Bender.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 49 of 135 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast