Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Page 69 of 137 FirstFirst ... 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by canucksnation:
    I'm still not sure if whether if Liverpool is doing well (I'm a Liverpool supporter btw) or Manchester United playing like crap giving me satisfaction in football this season as a fan.
    Whilst i love seeing Man Utd doing crap, I always put the results of my team first and it shouldnt be any other way.

Unfortunately my team are also doing crap this season so Man Utd's demise is softening the blow a bit.

I'm still not sure if whether if Liverpool is doing well (I'm a Liverpool supporter btw) or Manchester United playing like crap giving me satisfaction in football this season as a fan.
    Olympiacos Piraeus - ManU 2:0
    [ CL first leg round of 16 ]

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

It is a bit cold down there -11

Chelsea next and they will be against the man who got them the champions league.
    Hope it wont be 4 in a row for English clubs losing in the CL.

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Chelsea next and they will be against the man who got them the champions league.
    Hope it wont be 4 in a row for English clubs losing in the CL.
    50/50 Trance. Everything possible. Premier League with dreadful results so far and 3 teams on the brink of elimination. My best guess it will be a draw tonight. Nothing spectacular but still better than Arsenal, City and ManU.

Last edited by Tom007; 26-02-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    So was it Salford?
    yes, it was. A stone's throw from Old Trafford.

However, wiki suggests that Wakefield is a city and is bigger than Salford. But as Wakefield is more a collection of small towns, I am not having it.

By the way, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville are reportedly to be in talks to buy Salford FC. Happy days!
    Trance Omega likes this.

And the winner is ... Trance :-) With a little help

Game will be interesting at the Turkcell arena. I know it well although last time I was in there it was for a Madonna concert. Believe it or not the stadium as an inbuilt mosque, church and synagogue and beer is sold but the non-alcoholic kind. Smoking is not allowed but just see the police try and stop 40 odd thousand Turks from lighting up. The one thing that always irks me there is the sunflower seed spitters.
    On average a Turkish football fan will go through a half kilo bag of sunflower seeds and spit the shells on the floor during a match.
    The Cimbom atmosphere though is not that great and the welcome to hell bit is over played. Besiktas has a much better atmosphere and used to watch quite a few of their games.
    Fenerbahce on the other hand are a bunch of uneducated spoilt kids.
    Last time we played there we spanked them 5-0 courtesy of Torre Andre Flo.
    Great names in the line up back then: De Goey, Babayaro, Leboeuf, Desailly, Deschamps, Poyet, Le Saux, Ferrer, Flo, Morris and of course the one and only Zola. The team bus was surrounded by mad galatasaray fans and Dennis Wise laughed and took the piss out of them even after a brick was thrown through the window.
    Happy days.

Last edited by Trance Omega; 26-02-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    Tom007 likes this.

Any truth in the rumours of two chelsea fans being stabbed by those scumbags?

If you go drinking down some of those side streets in Taksim square and act like an idiot then you can end up in a fight no matter what shirt you are wearing. I have seen the news but not heard the whole story. Normally you are left alone unless you do something to provoke. I lived there for 20 years and went drinking there a lot (Istanbuls version of Wan Chai) and never ever had a problem but then again I knew how to behave myself and not gob off to the locals. Went to many football matches with many of them playing English sides and in the stands with local supporters and never had a problem (although I was rooting for the home side). When in a different culture you should behave accordingly.
    I was shocked when the Leeds incident happened and the unfortunate death of those 2 supporters but what was not reported was that they were drunk, asking headscarfed women to come in and give them a blowjob, took a Turkish flag of the wall and wiped their bare arses with it etc. Pretty sure the same reaction if you did it in Russia or the US. Also not reported is how the 2 richest families paid compensation (Koc and Sabanci) to each family as they felt so remorseful of what happened.
    I am not saying that what the killers did was excusable though.

Page 69 of 137 FirstFirst ... 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast