Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Page 70 of 137 FirstFirst ... 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    If you go drinking down some of those side streets in Taksim square and act like an idiot then you can end up in a fight no matter what shirt you are wearing. I have seen the news but not heard the whole story. Normally you are left alone unless you do something to provoke. I lived there for 20 years and went drinking there a lot (Istanbuls version of Wan Chai) and never ever had a problem but then again I knew how to behave myself and not gob off to the locals. Went to many football matches with many of them playing English sides and in the stands with local supporters and never had a problem (although I was rooting for the home side). When in a different culture you should behave accordingly.
    I was shocked when the Leeds incident happened and the unfortunate death of those 2 supporters but what was not reported was that they were drunk, asking headscarfed women to come in and give them a blowjob, took a Turkish flag of the wall and wiped their bare arses with it etc. Pretty sure the same reaction if you did it in Russia or the US. Also not reported is how the 2 richest families paid compensation (Koc and Sabanci) to each family as they felt so remorseful of what happened.
    I am not saying that what the killers did was excusable though.
    Unless you have evidence to the contrary to back up your claims, as far as i'm led to believe Chris and Kevin were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am sure some Leeds fans were being complete tools under the influence of alcohol and maybe it was the actions of those who were responsible for the two deaths.

Either way those c*nts were carrying knives so were fully intending to use them imo.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/15-ye...r-6303930.html - Seems like it's the word of the murderers vs video evidence according to that article.
    Last edited by Trebor; 26-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Saw it on a channel 4 documentary years ago. The big mistake visitors do if they are not aware of Taksim is they go drinking on the streets west of Istikal caddesi as there are cheap bars. That place is right next door to Tarlabasi, the most backward, crime ridden toilet of Istanbul (well it was back then) where sword wielding transvestites, pimps, villains and all sorts of scum reside. NOT the average Turkish person.

Trebor likes this.

Sounds like fun.

I'd be interested to see that documentary if you know of a link.

I will try and have a look at it but it was done in the last century. Then again if they have episodes of crossroads with Benny on youtube then anything is possible.

Think i've found it if it's the Danny Dye "Real Football Factories" docu

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Man, I miss this series, will need to find it on the net when I get back to the flat tonight. Anyone know if this is archived on any of the UK catch up channels like 4onD?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

It was made in 99 or early 2000. Cant really remember considering it was 14 years ago. Was sickening as we played them the same year and beat them 5 nil but they went and won the UEFA cup.
    Found this article from Zaman paper but its in Turkish, then again havent done a proper search.

İngiltere Dışişleri Bakanlığı'ndan yapılan açıklamada, "Türkiye'de Türk milletini, bayrağına saygısızlık, Türk parasını tahrif ve yırtmak suç teşkil eder." denildi.2000 yılında Galatasaray ile Leeds United arasında oynanan UEFA Kupası yarı final maçı öncesi İstanbul'da taraftarlar arasında yaşanan kavgada Christopher Loftus ve Kevin Speight adlı iki İngiliz taraftar hayatını kaybetmişti. İki taraftarın Türk bayrağına hakaret ettikleri öne sürülmüştü.Türkiye'de yoğunluğu azalsa da gösteriler olabileceğine de dikkat çekilen açıklamada; özellikle Taksim Meydanı, İstiklal Caddesi ve Beşiktaş bölgesinde düzenlenebilecek gösterilerden uzak durulması tavsiye edildi. CİHAN

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    It wasnt this one though as I think this one is just about football thugs in other countries. This docu was entirely about the events of that evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTiM5IO-JTU

This one is just about Turkey and does have footage from that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    It was made in 99 or early 2000. Cant really remember considering it was 14 years ago. Was sickening as we played them the same year and beat them 5 nil but they went and won the UEFA cup.
    Found this article from Zaman paper but its in Turkish, then again havent done a proper search.

İngiltere Dışişleri Bakanlığı'ndan yapılan açıklamada, "Türkiye'de Türk milletini, bayrağına saygısızlık, Türk parasını tahrif ve yırtmak suç teşkil eder." denildi.2000 yılında Galatasaray ile Leeds United arasında oynanan UEFA Kupası yarı final maçı öncesi İstanbul'da taraftarlar arasında yaşanan kavgada Christopher Loftus ve Kevin Speight adlı iki İngiliz taraftar hayatını kaybetmişti. İki taraftarın Türk bayrağına hakaret ettikleri öne sürülmüştü.Türkiye'de yoğunluğu azalsa da gösteriler olabileceğine de dikkat çekilen açıklamada; özellikle Taksim Meydanı, İstiklal Caddesi ve Beşiktaş bölgesinde düzenlenebilecek gösterilerden uzak durulması tavsiye edildi. CİHAN
    The event didnt happen until April 2000 so must have been made later than that.

Page 70 of 137 FirstFirst ... 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 ... LastLast