How to sell a Pure Gym Membership?

How to sell a Pure Gym Membership?

Hi,

I have a SOHO Pure Membership with five months left on it. I have heard of people selling theirs but am unsure how it works? The gym will let me put my membership into someone else's name and charge them instead if I come to an agreement with someone without the gym being involved with it?

Any advice would be great, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by eandwklo
    Hi,

I have a SOHO Pure Membership with five months left on it. I have heard of people selling theirs but am unsure how it works? The gym will let me put my membership into someone else's name and charge them instead if I come to an agreement with someone without the gym being involved with it?

Any advice would be great, thank you!
    I took over a PURE membership for a few months a while ago. We went to the gym together and signed a document, I had to pay a joining fee (and somebody paid a transfer fee, I think it was the person selling) and after that I got her membership and paid for the rest of the months including getting the "free" month at the end (which she asked me to pay for when I purchased the membership). It was pretty straightforward. Pure seem more enlightened than other gyms in HK in this regard. Well, in most regards actually. When I had an issue moving across to Langham place, they stuffed up for a while, but actually came back and sorted it out (pretty professionally). In the end I had to cancel though - even Langham place is too inconvenient for me. If they open up in Kwai Fong I'll join straight up.

Thanks! Do you remember how much your joining fee was, and how much you bought it from her for, as a reference point for me when I sell?

Quote Originally Posted by eandwklo
    Thanks! Do you remember how much your joining fee was, and how much you bought it from her for, as a reference point for me when I sell?
    Can't recall the joining fee, and what I paid was basically the "free month" - so "at cost" or thereabouts.