Like Tree5Likes

Current rates for personal trainers in Fitness First

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Maybe in London they can deal with endurance sport, but in HK their knowledge currently is basically zero.

This may change as they get more established. All I am saying is if you are looking for something other than body recomposition then you might want to have a good Q&A session with the trainer you would be dealing with there to establish whether or not they have the experience and expertise in the discipline you are looking for. If they do have the eperience then I am sure they will be good, as they are amazing at body recomp. My experience with them was... yeah...

(I have a pretty solid endurance sport background, formerly world class level at triathon and national rep in 3 sports, now... I'm more relaxed about it all and it shows )

bibbju likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I think its about 1000 dolla a session.

Original Post Deleted
    I'm guessing an hour. I haven't actually used them, but am looking at finding a personal trainer, so am seeing what's around. I think UP may be a bit overkill for me though.

Their FB page has the address:

https://www.facebook.com/hongkongpersonaltrainers

Original Post Deleted
    I don't know what a splash page is (sorry!) but their address is on their website:

http://upfitness.com/hk/

They're in Asia Standard Tower on Queen's Road Central, above Top Shop and the new Pure Yoga Studio.

Their fees vary depending on the trainer's level of seniority and the number of sessions you book but expecting HKD 100ish / hour is a reasonable indication.

And yes, each session is 1 hour. You won't be capable of any longer, in fact you'll be begging for the hour to finish

They don't have "a program". Every workout is designed for you individually depending on your goals, your ability and your progress. They also focus on your diet as this obviously impacts your progress. If you're serious about wanting results, these are the guys. If you don't want to sweat and want your trainer to be your best friend, you're better off going to Pure/FF

EDIT: Just to add....this all sounds very serious and yes, UP take fitness very seriously (I've seen how hard their trainers train...they practice what they preach and then some!) but they are really good people and we have a lot of laughs. I was there this morning and I had the best time. Unlike other gyms I've been to in HK, people are friendly and they talk to each other. The hard work required seems to bond people, particularly clients, as we're all in it together. Shared pain I guess
    Last edited by bibbju; 23-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Wow 1000hkd per session! I think I would be UP stands for ultimate poor. Btw how many sessions do you have per week?

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    Wow 1000hkd per session! I think I would be UP stands for ultimate poor. Btw how many sessions do you have per week?
    Indeed. For me personally it's a financial killer. But I stretch myself to afford it because the results are so good. When I first started with them in London, it was just a 6 week thing to give my training a boost but they were so good that I wanted to keep going and decided to sacrifice other things to afford it. The cost is a source of stress and it means I expect every session to be pretty bloody amazing or it gives me the excuse to stop. So far they keep delivering.

However, there always seems to be lots of people earning big bucks for whom cost isn't an issue. Certainly in London there were plenty of people training 5 times a week with UP. Lots of bankers of course (including one lady who trained at 4am before going to work). The occasional rapper (complete with huge diamond earrings). And of course for some of UP's clients, their bodies being in the best shape is essential for their careers....sportspeople, models, actors, even Peter Andre lol. But plenty of normal people too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I guess some questions to ask yourself would be whether the PT that you have used as spent much time correcting your form if you're doing weighted excercise and whether they have been able to explain why they are suggesting certain modifications.
    Yes he did. It was pretty difficult for me to correct my form but he's definitely alerted me and told me how to change my form when we were doing TRX and I immediately felt better about it. That said, I didn't really like TRX as compared to the Muay Thai routines.

As for why my consideration of any PT at all at FFis:
    1. You need someone to box against during combat training and yes I could find a buddy but I have a specific hour in specific days that need to fit that schedule. Is there another solution for that?
    2. FF is near my office. (But if there's a crossfit gym in the area at a competitive price it's a consideration too)
    Last edited by LyAndy; 24-08-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    I don't know what a splash page is (sorry!) but their address is on their website:

http://upfitness.com/hk/

They're in Asia Standard Tower on Queen's Road Central, above Top Shop and the new Pure Yoga Studio.

Their fees vary depending on the trainer's level of seniority and the number of sessions you book but expecting HKD 100ish / hour is a reasonable indication.

And yes, each session is 1 hour. You won't be capable of any longer, in fact you'll be begging for the hour to finish

They don't have "a program". Every workout is designed for you individually depending on your goals, your ability and your progress. They also focus on your diet as this obviously impacts your progress. If you're serious about wanting results, these are the guys. If you don't want to sweat and want your trainer to be your best friend, you're better off going to Pure/FF

EDIT: Just to add....this all sounds very serious and yes, UP take fitness very seriously (I've seen how hard their trainers train...they practice what they preach and then some!) but they are really good people and we have a lot of laughs. I was there this morning and I had the best time. Unlike other gyms I've been to in HK, people are friendly and they talk to each other. The hard work required seems to bond people, particularly clients, as we're all in it together. Shared pain I guess
    I always look enviously at the person drenched in sweat that is just finishing up as I'm walking in to UP. I agree about people being more friendly there too. Maybe it is the shared the pain.....knowing that everyone else in there is giving it their all every time they train, no matter what their fitness level.
    bibbju likes this.

There's Coastal Fitness in Fortress Hill. I've heard about it but I've never tried it myself. Not that close to Taikoo but still closer than Central.

My impression was that UP Fitness just employed a lot of trainers who already worked in HK?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast