Like Tree15Likes

New Channel 818 NowTv Sport

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

As promised, i've checked the name and it's called Maige TV HD2. I'm not sure if you can link to other websites, but a quick search on google will get you to the offical site.

I attach two photos, one of what it looks like and the second, of the list of channels (English speakers will be able to recognise some of the more international channels).

In terms of cost, for around HK$2000 plus an a $800 a year subscription (which starts 2nd year), i'm happy to take the plunge for this in exchange for 270 or so channels - rather than paying over $500 a month to those crooks at Cable/NowTv. Sure, there is a risk it might not work in a year, but the wife is happy with her Korean TV and i'm happy with watching Champions League / Premier League / History channel.

Setup is easy and everthing is pre-installed, so no need to fiddle and when I bought it, I asked the guy in the shop to setup the English menus (default is Chinese). Keep in mind though that on the channel selection screen, the descriptions of what are showing are in Chinese, so for people who can't read (myself included) i'm flicking through channels to see what is showing.

In terms of quality / reliability, i've had it for over a month, and connection has been excellent, and you have a mix of 'HD' and non 'HD' channels. So far for premier league games, i've had to put up with SD quality (which I can accept), but I was able to find a 'HD' feed of the Champions League.

Pretty long thread so far, so i'll leave it there. If any of you are interested, i'll can try to let you know where I bought it from in SSP when I have a bit more time!

Last edited by mlclau; 01-11-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling!
    TheBrit, Beuze and wtbhotia like this.

Original Post Deleted
    I checked in Golden last time but they didn't sell it there. They only seemed to sell Android boxes.

I got mine in Apliu Street Market exit C2, turn right and walk straight, till you reach this guy selling out of the back of a stall (yes sounds dodgy I know!). When I went there he had a TV setup and you'll be able to see the box on sale.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlclau:
    I checked in Golden last time but they didn't sell it there. They only seemed to sell Android boxes.

I got mine in Apliu Street Market exit C2, turn right and walk straight, till you reach this guy selling out of the back of a stall (yes sounds dodgy I know!). When I went there he had a TV setup and you'll be able to see the box on sale.
    Terrific @mlclau. Great great effort and interesting twist here. Thanks for your time! German and italian league available as well with that box?

Original Post Deleted
    Do let us know if you end up getting it! Would be keen to see what you think..

Quote Originally Posted by mlclau:
    Do let us know if you end up getting it! Would be keen to see what you think..
    German and Italian league available?

Original Post Deleted

Fantastic - happy you found it and glad you're enjoying it as much as I am!

Original Post Deleted
    Great that you're enjoying it :-) How many sports channels, football in particular, are available ?

I got my box today and set it up, bloody amazing. Got it for $2200, there are actually two stalls selling it, one with a women is selling for $2500, went to the one The Brit pictured and he was asking for $2300 but he gave it to me 100 cheaper

Now I can be a SUPER COUCH POTATO

@Tom check out the channel listing http://www.maigetv.tv/maigetvchannellisting.html

Last edited by wtbhotia; 08-02-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    Tom007 likes this.

New Channel 818 NowTv Sport

That's a real fine list @wtbhotia. Soccer all the way :-) Congrats and thanks for sharing. Really great. Super cool couch potato indeed :-) :-) Enjoy! ( Winter Olympics as well ? )

Last edited by Tom007; 08-02-2014 at 01:26 AM.

My goodness, I haven't even moved to HK yet and this is one of the first things on my list that I need to purchase!

Tom007 and wtbhotia like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4