Like Tree24Likes

Accident In Gym, What To Do?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

You had time to take pictures and discuss with a few different trainers before getting in the ambulance??

Make a thread on geo with the title "WARNING: NAME OF THE PLACE" and then go at it with all your anger.
    Works wonder for some on here :-)

(PS; it's a joke....)

expato likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Make a thread on geo with the title "WARNING: NAME OF THE PLACE" and then go at it with all your anger.
    Works wonder for some on here :-)

(PS; it's a joke....)
    You forgot to add 'scam' 'rip off' 'fraud'

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids:
    Min07 obviously hasn't learnt their lesson....
    For the record, there's only one of me.

What I HAVE learnt is that people read into posts what they want to see mainly reflecting more their own likes, dislikes and prejudices, irrespective of how well you draft it. It's one reason I have so many people now on my ignore list. But does rather make a discussion forum rather moot.
    expato and kimwy66 like this.

You suggested hiring a lawyer:

...Or, just "name and shame" the gym so others are warned. On here, letter to SCMP etc etc. Then you would need to decide if it was worth the time and money to pursue.
    Your drafting was really appalling if you meant anything other than:

1. Go to lawyer; and
    2. Assess merits

OR

1. Just name and shame them.

Why so unrepentant? If that's all you've learned, you've completely missed the point. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    For the record, there's only one of me.

What I HAVE learnt is that people read into posts what they want to see mainly reflecting more their own likes, dislikes and prejudices, irrespective of how well you draft it. It's one reason I have so many people now on my ignore list. But does rather make a discussion forum rather moot.
    add yourself on that ignore list too....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Or, just "name and shame" the gym so others are warned. On here, letter to SCMP etc etc.
    "Name and shame" the gym? Unless I have misunderstood "during leg press unexpectedly hit failure" then the OP went to the gym, tried to lift more than he could do so safely and got hurt (badly enough to take an ambulance to the hospital which found nothing wrong but only after walking down the stairs and then back up to complain). Yes the safety pin would have stopped the weights coming back too far but the OP didn't check it was there and couldn't handle the weight he chose to try to lift? He should be naming and shaming himself in my opinion...

Perhaps it is just me but I miss the good old days when people were accountable for their actions and didn't immediately try and find somebody else to blame.
    Cwbguy, bibbju, INXS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    You had time to take pictures and discuss with a few different trainers before getting in the ambulance??
    The ambulance takes about 15 minutes to show up and I didn't break my spine or legs, so walking isn't a problem. Swelling takes time and adrenaline kicks in a bit so you don't feel it so much at first. This was just hurt and in pain, not crippled or on the floor fetal.

rathunt, I didn't try to immediately blame someone else and only made the complaint after being told the safety pin was meant to be in, which you can't check for in a reasonable way. So I can't take all the credit here.

Did the gym insist on the ambulance? Sounds like a taxi would have done the trick.

seek legal counsel, call gym head office asking to speak to the person handling their insurance policies, provide information to your legal counsel and have them duke it out.