Mountain bike ride - Sunday

Closed Thread

Mountain bike ride - Sunday

I'm organising an east mountain bike ride on Sunday for anyone who has been trying to figure out where to ride in HK. PM me or post to this thread if you're interested in coming along.

Here are the details:

Weather:
    The weather should clear up considerably by Sunday, but if it's thunderstorming at 9:30am then it's a no-go.

Meet at either:
    The outlying Island Central ferry piers, at the pier for Mui Wo at 9:50, for the 10:00 ferry or
    The ferry pier in Mui Wo at 10:50

The ride:
    It's the Chi Ma Wan trail, about 17km of offroad riding that contours around the CMW peninsular. Minor hills, some rocky sections. Pace will be slow and we'll aim for the 16:00 return ferry to Central.

Experience needed:
    We'll be riding slowly, so you don't have to be fit. But you need to be already comfortable on a mountain bike offroad.

No bike?
    You can hire bikes and helmets at the Friendly Bike Store in Mui Wo. Helmets are necessary for this ride.

I'll be there and ready. Beers at the China Bear afterwards - nothing like putting back on the calories you just worked off Let's pray for some better weather than we've been having this last week. Post up and let's make this a great group ride.

Hey the ride is still on weather permitting - got about 5 of us so far and anyone else is welcome. Shoot myself or jgl a pm if you want to join us.

Anyone up for a ride this weekend?
    cheers
    Ben

Wouldn't mind on Saturday...
    Need a full days rest before I start working on monday

Either day works for me