Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cusackHK

Football pitch rental

Closed Thread

Smile Football pitch rental

Hi there, I am currently over here on vacation and was wanting to get a game of 7-a-sides with some expat friends I have met. However, when I spoke to my friends they insisted that I needed a HKID to book a government pitch. Does anyone know anywhere in the New Territories that I can book a football pitch without a HKID?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Peter

Peter, let me lay it out straight for you.

Football pitch rental is as valuable a commodity as iodised salt in these parts. It is INCREDIBLY difficult to book a pitch in a legitimate way. If you don't believe me, go to LSCD Leisure Link booking and try it out yourself.

There's a Chinese secondary (black) market which isn't really available to foreigners. Basically, people use their inside connections to book all the pitches and then they charge 3/4/5 times as much as they paid to re-sell the pitch.

If you do miraculously find a pitch though (sometimes a slot or two falls between the hawkers' greasy fingers), I play for a seven a side team and we would be happy to give you boys a game.

Edit: and to add, yes, your friend is right. You do need a HKID card to book pitches. I don't know of any bookable pitches outside the Leisure Link system.

Last edited by iliketurtles; 03-12-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks for the reply iliketurtles. I understand it is difficult to book the government pitches, I was wondering if there is any private pitches in the New Territories such as Kings Park over on HKI?

Ah, there are a few - I think there's one in Kowloon too (I can't remember the name), but they're all so expensive. We tried out this place a few months back and whilst it was fun, it was really only a four a side and the surface wasn't great. It cost HK$1300 for two hours (so just over 100 bucks each for twelve).

That's great mate thanks, but it does look small. Do you know any other places?

There's also this but I've no idea how much it costs. Let me know if you enquire.

There is also the rooftop pitch in Wong Tai Sin, I believe that is private. It is more of a 5 a side job but we played in a tournament there and it was really good. They don't have an English website but there is a phone number you could call.

I imagine it isn't cheap though!

The one turtles mentioned is reasonably sized, although the roof is pretty low so you have to keep the ball down on the turf.

Hope you get sorted and a game would be great (I play for the same team as iliketurtles)

iliketurtles likes this.