Like Tree5Likes

Looking a private cycling guide in HKG

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If bringing their own bikes, I'd be tempted to stay on Lantau and maybe do a tour of that island, with perhaps a day trip to Hong Kong island.

I've ridden in many large asian cities and HK is one of the best and nothing like Jakarta, Hanoi, HCMC, Manila or BKK to ride. In my opinion, it is much, much nicer to ride in HK than in any of those cities. For one there are very few motorbikes/scooters/tuktuks etc to deal with and traffic laws are generally adhered to in HK. The roads can be very narrow in places but most traffic is courteous and gives space however it's never fun to have large trucks and buses pass by. Fortunately, they rarely go very fast. Have to also be wary of dogs in places and even monkeys on one of the roads going down to Sha Tin

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    I've ridden in many large asian cities and HK is one of the best and nothing like Jakarta, Hanoi, HCMC, Manila or BKK to ride. In my opinion, it is much, much nicer to ride in HK than in any of those cities. For one there are very few motorbikes/scooters/tuktuks etc to deal with and traffic laws are generally adhered to in HK. The roads can be very narrow in places but most traffic is courteous and gives space however it's never fun to have large trucks and buses pass by. Fortunately, they rarely go very fast. Have to also be wary of dogs in places and even monkeys on one of the roads going down to Sha Tin

thank you for info, ...actually we really need a cycling guide due from 30th dec - 5th jan 2014..
    I need someone who can showing us Hkg island or cycling track around city..
    pls let me know if any one , or PM me tks