Hotels on HK Island with large, publicly accessible hotel pools?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    A bit cold to be swimming outdoors at the moment dont you think?
    Looks like the sea temp is around 22ºC - that's probably the very best you ever get during a really hot UK summer.

http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/intersa...ize=s&type=sst

Quote Originally Posted by HKboiii:
    Hi!

I'm an avid swimmer but prefer the cleanliness and relative privacy of a well-kept outdoor hotel pool over a public swimming pool.
    A hotel pool is a lot more pleasant than a public pool, to be sure. However, if cleanliness and hygiene is a key consideration (and it may not be!), do note that a local paper investigated the top luxury property estates' swimming pools and found none of them matched the public pools in water cleanliness and best practice in hygiene.

While individual hotel pools may be fine, the study found that most private sector pools, no matter how luxurious the setting, just didn't have the budget, incentive or requirements to match the public pools standards. Not saying don't go for a hotel pool (I would if I could afford it!), just offering a bit of reassurance cleanliness isn't generally a problem with public pools.

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    ...just offering a bit of reassurance cleanliness isn't generally a problem with public pools.
    Thanks for the insight, good point.

Parkview members can use both indoor and outdoor pools. Indoor is heated. I believe the cost is closer to $40k/year but that gets you a membership to the entire clubhouse facilities. Not sure if they just have one for the pool.

I would try the SCAA pool. Although public, it requires an annual membership so not too many yahoos. Kids that swim there are for lessons. Not a lot of playing in the pool.