Krav Maga in HK ?

Closed Thread

Krav Maga in HK ?

Anyone know if Krav Maga is taught in HK ? I was about to start taking it in NYC and got put on the back burner before I moved here. Any info would help.

Krav Maga Federation Schools - Israeli Martial Arts and Self-Defense

Thanks

No official training locations yet. There has been at least one seminar by Avi Moyal of the IKMF, and there might be more in the future, but whether or not a permanent training facility will be established is up in the air.

Damn, I read your earlier posts about it and saw they were in 2007 so was hoping they started something here by now. I wouldn't mind attending one of those seminars and talk to some of those guys about starting something here. Possibly investing in it if needed. I'm a complete newbie to KM but would put some effort to make it available here.

I think Avi is in NYC mostly, I know there program there is picking up steam.

Anyway I can stay in the loop on future seminars ? Mailing lists or anything ?

Thanks

I did a few Krav Maga courses in London, my background has been Ninjutsu and Karate, and would be keen to join in future events.
    - Steve

I would love to get into it too. I meant to get into it last year, but I was just too busy/lazy. I took judo and karate at different times, and I have learned a few things from other people with substantially more training than me. I also have some Filipino knife training, so the krav maga knife disarms look pretty cool. :]

for those interested in training krav maga

Krav Maga Hong Kong organises private classes and regular classes. You can check their website. It is only IKMF licensed Krav Maga organisation in the region.

Unfortunately, the IKMF seems to have seriously dropped their standards in order to get their first batch of instructors going in HK. Something to be very cautious of when dealing with reality based self defense.

Suggestion

I am a member/organizer of a Systema study group here in HK. You might check it out if interested. Training is free of charge. (training is on Saturday afternoons)

Systema is a Russian Martial art, and unlike most Asian martial arts it doesn't have any preset forms/katas or techniques. Instead its focused on natural spontanuous movement. It was developed by the Soviet Army for special army units. (certain units of Spetsnaz) Its suitable for beginners as well as anyone with any prior martial arts experience. Its not for competition, but for practical self defence purposes only.

For anyone who is interested.... drop me a Private Message for more info.

Last edited by A. vd Laak; 22-04-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. vd Laak:
    I am a member/organizer of a Systema study group here in HK. You might check it out if interested. Training is free of charge. (training is on Saturday afternoons)

Systema is a Russian Martial art, and unlike most Asian martial arts it doesn't have any preset forms/katas or techniques. Instead its focused on natural spontanuous movement. It was developed by the Soviet Army for special army units. (certain units of Spetsnaz) Its suitable for beginners as well as anyone with any prior martial arts experience. Its not for competition, but for practical self defence purposes only.

For anyone who is interested.... drop me a Private Message for more info.

Hi there! My brother studies Systema under Vlad Vasiliev in Canada. Are you affiliated with them?

Systema

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    Hi there! My brother studies Systema under Vlad Vasiliev in Canada. Are you affiliated with them?
    We are not officially affiliate with him, as we are a study group only. But indirectly we are somewhat connected as our previous instructor was a certified instructor under VV. But he move abroad. We do have people who have trained under VV's brother: Valentin Vasiliev in Munster, Germany. Furthermore a few students have attended seminars of VV and Mikhail Ryabko.