Like Tree12Likes

Six Nations NOT on Setanta!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Good point. Just one more thing, you would need to get a US-UK plug adapter for the one from US.
    Mine took 4 days to come but I didnt know about the one in HK before anyway, only that dodgy outfit that currently spams everywhere.
    I think that is a VPN outfit rather than a TV box service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

According to this website, BBC 1 are showing it.
    Which is fine for this event (6 Nations is "protected" and has to be on UK Free to Air I believe). But not all other games are. And if I'm going to shell out a couple of grand on a solution I'd like it to be comprehensive for rugby and cricket. Which means I need Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I think that is a VPN outfit rather than a TV box service.
    They have a so called android box apparently.

I know someone who also supply UK TV box too (same guy that supply Trafalgar). PM me for more info

Grunty, you are more than welcome to come around and watch a game or two over a beer. It is in Kowloon though.
    Thanks, but, for the first round of games at least, I think I'll be down at Trafalgar. (Especially if they still have Kepler's cider and Brains Black on at $45 all night )

A friend of mine is in the Eurostar Business Premier Lounge at St Pancras right now surrounded by the England team on their way to Paris. Jammy sod.

This fiasco isn't really the fault of Setanta or, for once, Now TV. Al-Jazeera aka BeinSport has bought the rights. You can't blame Setanta for being outbid by Gulf money. The problem is, they have more money than sense. They have chosen TVB NetworkVision as their platform in Hong Kong, a platform I had no idea existed and which no one I know has access to. I have tried to subscribe (I'm a sucker, I know) and after about a dozen phone calls an engineer came round yesterday to set it up. He couldn't. No signal, they'll call me after the CNY break. Useless.
    You'd think that when they sell these rights they'd consider whether anyone will actually be able to see the games or not, wouldn't you? Short-sighted, stupid decisions all round.
    If anyone knows of any bars which actually have access to Beinsports, I'd be glad to hear from you. In the meantime, I'll use a VPN to watch BBC via the iPad.

I don't but I do know a couple of bars that have access to BBC One (and most other UK channels, including Sky Sports) - Trafalgar in Wanchai (where I shall be watching the games tonight) and Barn II in Causeway Bay. I think there's a place in Sai Kung has access now too.

FWIW, the dodgy Maige box I picked up in Sham Shui Po includes "Bein Sports HD" as well as a heap of other TVB channels I never knew existed.

wtbhotia likes this.

Think I will go to watch Ireland play tonight at Trafalgar. Anyone else there?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast