Like Tree12Likes

Six Nations NOT on Setanta!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I have confirmed with the manager who will be on duty this evening at Trafalgar that the terrace area will have the 6 Nations with sound for both games.

The inside area will be showing the soccer.

So I'll be there on the terrace.
    Eva?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Yes...........

Good news for those fed up with dodgy internet streams: the FCC has become the first bar I know of with the official TVB Network Vision feed, and will be showing all the remaining matches live on the big screen.

Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Good news for those fed up with dodgy internet streams: the FCC has become the first bar I know of with the official TVB Network Vision feed, and will be showing all the remaining matches live on the big screen.

Grunt :-) How does this TVB Network Vision feed work? I contacted them once ( hotline ) but they are not really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Last edited by Tom007; 09-03-2014 at 11:40 AM.

They were of limited help to me as well - they didn't really seem interested in selling me something that I was very keen to buy.

As I understand it, it's basically a subscription-based servuce transmitted by satellite. To watch it your building needs a suitable satellite dish/receiver and a set-top box. In the case of big buildings these would be connected through the master antenna wiring system.

So unless you live in a standalone property it seems that the first step is to get a dish/receiver for the whole building, for which you'd normally have to talk to the building management / owners' management committee.

Tom007 likes this.

By the way, the FCC is not good about putting the sound on loud enough, so although it was nice to watch the HD picture, we moved to Trafalgar for the second game last night, and the BBC stream there was solid (it is sometimes a little less than stable). Hopefully it will be like that again tonight for the England v Wales game.

Thanks Grunt. Really appreciated. Sounds complicated and way too much effort :-( I'm still hoping it's just a temporary thing and one day they will shift it to NowTv's TVB network vision. Would accommodate a much bigger audience IMHO. My concern is the FIFA World Cup this summer as TVB holds the sole rights. Hope it will be like the winter games in Sochi :-) Got a semi confirmation from PCCW hotline but that's far from certain I'm afraid. Sorry for being off topic guys.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6