Like Tree31Likes

Asking for advice to dealing with the undesirable selling practices of California Fitness

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by transit:
    Cali wow are a ponzi scheme who require new members to sign up in order to keep operating which is why they have strong sales tactics.
    You clearly don't know what a Ponzi scheme is. Suggest you check what it actually means before bandying the phrase around. California are many things (most of which aren't good) but a Ponzi scheme is not one of them.
    shri likes this.

Haven't read the whole thing, but I would agree that $368 a month is a pretty good price so why not be proactive with it and hit the gym a few times a week? Most people enjoy the gym once they find a programme that suits them and it is definitely good for you!

You must've had at least some urge to join a gym if you handed your cards over

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    You clearly don't know what a Ponzi scheme is. Suggest you check what it actually means before bandying the phrase around. California are many things (most of which aren't good) but a Ponzi scheme is not one of them.
    Perhaps use the term ponzi scheme loosely in this case but you obviously have no idea what Eric Levine was doing in Thailand. It seems he was relying on new members to sign up so investors and operating costs could be covered instead of using profits earned by the organisation. Some would define this as a ponzi scheme. Looks like he's wanted by police for questioning.

http://www.thailawforum.com/police-asked-to-trace-missing-california-wow-owner/
    Last edited by transit; 06-02-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Perhaps use the term ponzi scheme loosely in this case but you obviously have no idea what Eric Levine was doing in Thailand. It seems he was relying on new members to sign up so investors and operating costs could be covered instead of using profits earned by the organisation. Some would define this as a ponzi scheme. Looks like he's wanted by police for questioning.

http://www.thailawforum.com/police-a...nia-wow-owner/

I think bibbju misread your post. The discussion is about California Fitness in Hong Kong and you interjected with information on another similarly named gym in another country. Perhaps if you had made the name "California WOW" more obvious and noted that it is not connected to CF in Hong Kong, your post would have been clearer. Thank you.

http://www.thailawforum.com/police-a...nia-wow-owner/
    There's no loose about it. I don't care what Eric Levine did in Thailand. California in HK isn't a Ponzi scheme. Unless they're doing something the rest of us haven't heard about. What proof do you have they are? Even in your "loose" terms? California may not be the most ethical of gym operators but that doesn't make libellous comments any more acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I think bibbju misread your post. The discussion is about California Fitness in Hong Kong and you interjected with information on another similarly named gym in another country. Perhaps if you had made the name "California WOW" more obvious and noted that it is not connected to CF in Hong Kong, your post would have been clearer. Thank you.
    Nice one Claire, thank you. Yes I had no idea a totally unrelated gym and non-HK gym was what was being referred to. How is that even relevant to the OP's problem except it contains the words "gym" and "California"? Apologies but I'm travelling and not able to follow links at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Ok thanks for clarifying, I thought they were a related company but it seems they're different entities.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    There's no loose about it. I don't care what Eric Levine did in Thailand. California in HK isn't a Ponzi scheme. Unless they're doing something the rest of us haven't heard about. What proof do you have they are? Even in your "loose" terms? California may not be the most ethical of gym operators but that doesn't make libellous comments any more acceptable.
    Chill out dude and have a cup of Dilmah.
    iliketurtles likes this.

Hah! See! Bibbju everyone thinks you're a dude

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Hah! See! Bibbju everyone thinks you're a dude
    Maybe because I have bigger balls than most of them!😛
    Fiona in HKG and HK_Katherine like this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast